FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Blimey, more rams than you can shake a pitchfork at in sunny Sussex it seems!

So did you drink in the Beresford or.the Cabin? 

The Elmer was my local, then down to the Cabin after hours. If I remember correctly, membership of the Cabin let you in the Felpham club as well.

This would have been 87-90, when Doug was the landlord, probably before your time though if you were around, my brother was possibly well known to most places!

?

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

The Elmer was my local, then down to the Cabin after hours. If I remember correctly, membership of the Cabin let you in the Felpham club as well.

This would have been 87-90, when Doug was the landlord, probably before your time though if you were around, my brother was possibly well known to most places!

?

In 85 I was seeing a girl who lived in a seafront house opposite the cabin, went quite regularly for 6-8months! Originally from Yapton so spent a lot of time in the Black Dog and the Murrel in Barnham!

Late 80's progressed to the Hardwicke and the Steyne Bar followed by Shieks after I moved to Bognor!

Good days!

7 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

In 85 I was seeing a girl who lived in a seafront house opposite the cabin, went quite regularly for 6-8months! Originally from Yapton so spent a lot of time in the Black Dog and the Murrel in Barnham!

Late 80's progressed to the Hardwicke and the Steyne Bar followed by Shieks after I moved to Bognor!

Good days!

Got my dates wrong it was 85-90 so we may well have bumped into each other.

Or you may have seen my yellow Beetle around ?

Only went to Sheiks once, not a nightclub person! 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

On BT Sports for you half fans.  You can rely on me being there cheering the lads on if it is in Brighton. Anything 10 miles north of Brighton though is a completely different matter.

10 Miles!!! I consider the A27 to be the true divider between North and South, so I say not 10 miles north, more like 300 yards!!

On 28/01/2019 at 19:58, i-Ram said:

Just read that we beat Brighton in the 5fh round of the cup in 1946. Just saying.

37 goals in the FA Cup in one season!

Post WWII record

Preston NE 1888 = 50 goals

Brighton & HA 1932-33 = 43 goals

On 31/01/2019 at 19:01, Sussexsheep said:

Another Sussex based Rams fan here just outside Eastbourne. From a selfish point of view would love to get Brighton. But for ease for all the other rams out there the Baggies would be an easier venue to get to for a 1230 kick off

Nah sod em mate. They have it easy being in the centre of the country.  Come on Brighton ??

18 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Give me Brighton any day of the week for this one. A stadium I've never to, a team we'll be definite underdogs to and the tie I can actually get to in person.

Begs the question, why have you never been? We’ve played them plenty of times in recent years and it sounds local. 

23 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Give me Brighton any day of the week for this one. A stadium I've never to, a team we'll be definite underdogs to and the tie I can actually get to in person.

Brighton one of my favourite away trips. Park in Lewes, catch the free train to falmer and the stadium. 

Brighton do up the away part of the ground to have a beer local to the away team and pipe away tv onto the concourse. 

Good modern ground as well.

Archived