FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just kept shouting 7 at the telly and it got to the stage where I could see ball 7 spinning around in the fish bowl and nobody wanting to pick it up.

I was told to stop shouting 7 by the family, and I eventually did, after moaning that Chelsea always get home tie's in this competition against duff outfits.

You'd think after the FA always give Chelsea a 'homer' ref, and they now have VAR playing for them, that they might reach another final, but when we turn up to smash em at Wembley in the Final with our ex blue boys etc.........then I either stop dreaming, or it will happen, before the FA steps in, when we are just about to lift the cup, and disqualify us for having the cheek to knock out Accrington Stanley!.........

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I like the sound of that. Now just get rid of the extra time and it will be almost perfect.

With that in mind, I can’t see any team not going for a win. Unless Rafa was still in it. Save the players energy for the next spirit crushing premiership defeat.

We’re going up

we’re going up

we’re going up

and we’re gonna win the cup!

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"No replays in 5th Rnd.

A reminder that there will be no replays in the fifth round - all eight ties will be played to a finish on the day of the game.

If the scores are level after 90 minutes, extra-time and penalties will be used to decide the winner.

All ties will be will take place between 15-18 February."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46893110

Perfect win or lose 

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"No replays in 5th Rnd.

A reminder that there will be no replays in the fifth round - all eight ties will be played to a finish on the day of the game.

If the scores are level after 90 minutes, extra-time and penalties will be used to decide the winner.

All ties will be will take place between 15-18 February."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46893110

Colour me stunned. 

I agree with settling all FA Cup ties on the day with extra time and, if needed, penalties. My beef is this. A 1st round tie between Hartlepool and Exeter has to be replayed. A 1st Qualifying round tie between Borrowash and Sidcup has to be replayed. Why then when it gets serious at the latter stages does the FA feel the need to get a wriggle on (and cut down on games and travelling)?

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Press Officer Peter: If Brighton face Derby, a repeat of the fifth round in 1946, when FA Cup matches were two-legged affairs - Derby won 4-1 at the Goldstone, and 6-0 in the second leg! Derby WON the cup that year!

Didn't we also win the final 4-1 , and lose a final 6-0?

Oh and maybe not the cup, but we also beat Brighton 4-1 the year we got to Wembley under Mac.

8 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Colour me stunned. 

I agree with settling all FA Cup ties on the day with extra time and, if needed, penalties. My beef is this. A 1st round tie between Hartlepool and Exeter has to be replayed. A 1st Qualifying round tie between Borrowash and Sidcup has to be replayed. Why then when it gets serious at the latter stages does the FA feel the need to get a wriggle on (and cut down on games and travelling)?

It's all about fixture congestion for the big six, so they have space for their Euro games. Shame there will only be two of them left in Round 6.

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It's all about fixture congestion for the big six, so they have space for their Euro games. Shame there will only be two of them left in Round 6.

I think that they keep replays in the 3rd and 4th rounds so that if a little club is drawn at home to a big one, then they've got a chance of a replay and a big payday. 

Archived