FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are in a win win situation

Great day and atmosphere with money and development - Man City Man Utd Chelski

An oppurtunity to benchmark ourselves - Palace, Brighton etc

An oppurtunity to progress in a weak line up - Brentford, Wimbledon Doncaster Millwall etc

5 hours ago, erathirea said:

Prefer not to play Chelsea or Man Utd, as we already have done that this season. Save one for the final.

Man City would be ok, even if they batter us. Away from home there's the money from gate receipts, but at home there's always the "banana-skin-factor" (scientific terminology)

If we're going to play Palace, Watford or Brighton (or indeed WBA), I'd like it to be at home. I'd fancy our chances. Away from home, not so much.

If Wolves go through I'd like to avoid them. No glamour, and unlikely to progress.

Against a lower league team I'd prefer a home draw - the pitch really didn't help us on Friday, so let's avoid that.

I'd take any Championship team at home, with possible exception of Swansea. I'd like to avoid them. Not sure why.

Perfect draw for me:

Derby v Doncaster

Boro v WBA

Chelsea v Man Utd

Man City v Swansea

Millwall v Wolves

Palace v Watford

Wimbledon v Bristol City

Brentford v QPR

Leaving Derby, WBA (after a replay), Chelsea, Man City, Millwall (shock win), Palace, Wimbledon and Brentford in the last 8.

Derby to draw Wimbledon at home, Chelsea to draw Man City, Millwall to draw Palace and West Brom to go to Brentford.

Semi final line up of Derby, Man City, Millwall and Brentford.

Man City go to Millwall, we get Brentford.

Derby v Man City final.

Finish second in the league, Man City to reach Champions League final and still be in a competitive premier league race on final day of season, and as such we surprise them to win 2-1.

Frank buys Mount, Tomori and Wilson for our inaugual run in the Europa League.

...what?

This is a beautiful read. The little extra details like Man City being pre-occupied with the Champions League and League to allow us to nick it had me believing it's foreshadowing the future.

Would it be too much to ask for the Man City goal to be a Richard Keogh own goal early on to really get the Keogh haters' juices flowing only for the man himself to get the winner in the 90th minute? What a story that'd be!

19 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

This is a beautiful read. The little extra details like Man City being pre-occupied with the Champions League and League to allow us to nick it had me believing it's foreshadowing the future.

Would it be too much to ask for the Man City goal to be a Richard Keogh own goal early on to really get the Keogh haters' juices flowing only for the man himself to get the winner in the 90th minute? What a story that'd be!

Well let's not get silly, here!

6 hours ago, erathirea said:

Prefer not to play Chelsea or Man Utd, as we already have done that this season. Save one for the final.

Man City would be ok, even if they batter us. Away from home there's the money from gate receipts, but at home there's always the "banana-skin-factor" (scientific terminology)

If we're going to play Palace, Watford or Brighton (or indeed WBA), I'd like it to be at home. I'd fancy our chances. Away from home, not so much.

If Wolves go through I'd like to avoid them. No glamour, and unlikely to progress.

Against a lower league team I'd prefer a home draw - the pitch really didn't help us on Friday, so let's avoid that.

I'd take any Championship team at home, with possible exception of Swansea. I'd like to avoid them. Not sure why.

Perfect draw for me:

Derby v Doncaster

Boro v WBA

Chelsea v Man Utd

Man City v Swansea

Millwall v Wolves

Palace v Watford

Wimbledon v Bristol City

Brentford v QPR

Leaving Derby, WBA (after a replay), Chelsea, Man City, Millwall (shock win), Palace, Wimbledon and Brentford in the last 8.

Derby to draw Wimbledon at home, Chelsea to draw Man City, Millwall to draw Palace and West Brom to go to Brentford.

Semi final line up of Derby, Man City, Millwall and Brentford.

Man City go to Millwall, we get Brentford.

Derby v Man City final.

Finish second in the league, Man City to reach Champions League final and still be in a competitive premier league race on final day of season, and as such we surprise them to win 2-1.

Frank buys Mount, Tomori and Wilson for our inaugual run in the Europa League.

...what?

You say "What?"

I'll tell you what... Man City will look very very silly, if they do go to Millwall, whilst all eyes are on Wembley!

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No to Millwall, either Manchester, or Chelsea.

Anyone else, bring it on. Preferably at home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47021610

1 Swansea City
2 AFC Wimbledon
3 Shrewsbury Town or Wolverhampton Wanderers
4 Millwall
5 Brighton & Hove Albion or West Bromwich Albion
6 Bristol City
7 Derby County
8 Doncaster Rovers
9 Chelsea
10 Watford
11 Middlesbrough or Newport County
12 Manchester City
13 Barnet or Brentford
14 Portsmouth or Queens Park Rangers
15 Manchester United
16 Crystal Palace

Well, if that's all that's left, I'm feeling a bit meh!

I can't be bothered to sift through that list even!  I don't think I actually care who we get.  I am so not bothered.

In fact... I feel a song coming on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

Archived