Keogh's Derby promotion crusade

Carl Sagan

A good article from the skipper in the DET:

"I know where this club should be, I know how big the club is and I stand by what I said when I signed - this club deserves to be in the Premier League and I won't stop giving everything I've got to try to make that happen.

"I like where we are. I like where we are as a group, I like the quality and the mix of young and experienced players, and the manager and the coaching staff that we've got."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-keogh-derby-promotion-crusade-2455564?0

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Keogh's a absolute legend. Always going to have a few folk knocking him but in all honesty, I couldn't care less for their opinions. The man would run through walls for the club and that's more than good enough for me. 

Whilst reserving the right to make a few grumbling posts on here next time he makes a howler, I cannot dispute your comments.

Every manager since he joined us  in 2012 has formed the same opinion and he has missed very few league games.

Good article. Keogh loves this club, but he gets a lot of unfair treatment by our fans. I would love it if he scored the winning goal in the playoff final ( or fa cup final - not picky).

Sidenote though - forgot how awful the DET website was. No i dont want to answer a 9 question survey to access the article for christ sake.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Sidenote though - forgot how awful the DET website was. No i dont want to answer a 9 question survey to access the article for christ sake.

There is usually a skip survey button at the very bottom of it, if you scroll down. 

10 hours ago, 86 points said:

Keogh's a absolute legend. Always going to have a few folk knocking him but in all honesty, I couldn't care less for their opinions. The man would run through walls for the club and that's more than good enough for me. 

am I alone in thinking this should be a given?

2 hours ago, rynny said:

There is usually a skip survey button at the very bottom of it, if you scroll 

Yeh i skipped it like i skip all the surveys on youtube. My problem is that they think anyone would bother to complete it in the first place.

To see us promoted would bring me great pleasure but I have to say that it would be very much enhanced by the sight of our richy standing in front of our fans having his name chanted ,,, for any stick he gets I can tell you that whenever I’m at away games the fans chant his name with REAL passion and that passion is returned in spades from keough ,

i don’t give a stuff what the obsessed few haters say or think of him ,he’s a derby player who has my total respect

7 hours ago, GenBr said:

Good article. Keogh loves this club, but he gets a lot of unfair treatment by our fans. I would love it if he scored the winning goal in the playoff final ( or fa cup final - not picky).

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

He's added a string to his copious bow this year by becoming our goto guy for closing out a penalty shootout. 

Who'd have thought?

Wouldn’t it be sweet if he scored the winning penalty in a penalty shoot out in the play off final against Leeds. 

I’m not sure my heart could take that scenario, but just imagine the scenes. 

Archived