'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

15 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I find it funny that he did it without the knowledge of the Leeds hierarchy, but on the other hand I’ve heard pundits say the players are unlikely phased by the whole thing, cos they would have known where all this info was coming from and would be aware of the shenanigans. So how do the players know, butvthe hierachy don’t. Which is it?

I agree with what you are saying and I am in no doubt they were aware, however, Bielsa said he acted alone and the club came out to remind him.

Yes maybe all smoke and mirrors.

But my point was about other managers views about the incident and whether their clubs have written in protest.

Just because manager of team (A) thinks the incident is ok, the club might not

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I agree with what you are saying and I am in no doubt they were aware, however, Bielsa said he acted alone and the club came out to remind him.

Yes maybe all smoke and mirrors.

But my point was about other managers views about the incident and whether their clubs have written in protest.

Just because manager of team (A) thinks the incident is ok, the club might not

Wonder if Leeds are one of the teams that have complained then?

20 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Doubtful, the person at the training ground was an employee of Leeds United, and I expect expenses where claimed for fuel/mileage/food etc.

There is always a money trail.

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

3.79 at Costa, Tibshelf services... That's your smoking gun...

'£75 for binoculars and £14 for a pair of pliers, Marcelo? I'm not sure that we've got enough in petty cash.'

The 11 clubs who signed the letter are: Blackburn Rovers, Brentford, Bristol City, Derby County, Hull City, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Preston North End and Swansea City.

The 12 clubs who did not sign the letter are: Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, Rotherham United, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Wigan Athletic and West Bromwich Albion.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Football League Board meets tomorrow and will be discussing this then. Sky saying the dirty Leeds may know their punishment (if any) in the next few days.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11629602/marcelo-bielsa-and-leeds-united-could-learn-possible-spygate-sanctions-in-next-week

We can but hope they will set an example, but it's most likely to be a slap on the wrist and don't do it again fudge.

51 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It’s funny how their performances/results have deteriorated since the whole Spying on opposition was brought to the public’s attention. 

A coincidence... I think not ? 

Maybe not knowing the opponents team selection - new set pieces - and new team formation actually makes a difference !

Leeds fans on twitter are convinced it's a conspiracy based on a) keeping Leeds in the EFL for financial reasons and b) holding the investigation open hoping Leeds fall apart from the pressure c) trying to find a technicality to pin the punishment on because leeds did nothing wrong and d) it's all being done vindictively because its Leeds.

I wonder if the Infowars guy sells a lot of iodine tablets in Leeds.

Archived