'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Leeds fans on twitter are convinced it's a conspiracy based on a) keeping Leeds in the EFL for financial reasons and b) holding the investigation open hoping Leeds fall apart from the pressure c) trying to find a technicality to pin the punishment on because leeds did nothing wrong and d) it's all being done vindictively because its Leeds.

I wonder if the Infowars guy sells a lot of iodine tablets in Leeds.

Adrian Durham was saying exactly all of that yesterday on talk sport.

He even alluded it was all down to Frank Lampard moaning about it, and also made it clear he felt had it been the other way round no one would be interested.

If there was any sort of conspiracy against Leeds their keeper would have found himself with a charge for his kick on holmes, which he should have. To me I actually think its all the opposite of what Leeds think. They ignored that kick, and I think the EFL are trying to find a way to sweep it all under the carpet.

I find it astonishing that a club or set of fans can play the victims here when it was the clubs own doing with their underhand actions, legal or not.

Its simple, if you hadn't done it none of this would be happening now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Adrian Durham was saying exactly all of that yesterday on talk sport.

He even alluded it was all down to Frank Lampard moaning about it, and also made it clear he felt had it been the other way round no one would be interested.

If there was any sort of conspiracy against Leeds their keeper would have found himself with a charge for his kick on holmes, which he should have. To me I actually think its all the opposite of what Leeds think. They ignored that kick, and I think the EFL are trying to find a way to sweep it all under the carpet.

I find it astonishing that a club or set of fans can play the victims here when it was the clubs own doing with their underhand actions, legal or not.

Its simple, if you hadn't done it none of this would be happening now.

The problem for them (EFL) now is with 11 clubs complaining (the gang bullying poor little leeds according to leeds fans) is now they have to be seen to do something, witch Beilsa added to with his press briefing antics - mumbled sorry and an efl don't bring the game into disrepute letter and £500 fine and it'd all have gone away.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Leeds fans on twitter are convinced it's a conspiracy based on a) keeping Leeds in the EFL for financial reasons and b) holding the investigation open hoping Leeds fall apart from the pressure c) trying to find a technicality to pin the punishment on because leeds did nothing wrong and d) it's all being done vindictively because its Leeds.

I wonder if the Infowars guy sells a lot of iodine tablets in Leeds.

A) I guess that’s because they think that Leeds is such a big club it keeps the ego relevant. How are they big? Have they won a European trophy? There are two teams in our division who have won at least one (actually, did Ipswich win one as well?).

Have they been in the premier league recently? They’ve spent longer in the third tier than first recently (a lot like Forest). 

With teams like Villa, even West Brom, Stoke, established premier league teams now in our division, Leeds aren’t really that big a deal. They’re about as big a deal as us, and I’m under no illusions that we’re propping this league up all by ourselves. 

Big headed twits. 

I think Leeds with crumble if Bielsa is off. On paper their squad is rubbish. He’s working miricles with what he has. I hope they go up, he leaves, they appoint the wrong man and rival our Paul Jewell banter era in terms of points

As for the EFL taking there time & it disrupting Leeds, well there is no written rule on how long the EFL should take to investigate. There is no unfair disadvantage by being investigated, clubs are investigated all the time. Whats Leeds problem ?  

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

I think Leeds with crumble if Bielsa is off. On paper their squad is rubbish. He’s working miricles with what he has. I hope they go up, he leaves, they appoint the wrong man and rival our Paul Jewell banter era in terms of points

As for the EFL taking there time & it disrupting Leeds, well there is no written rule on how long the EFL should take to investigate. There is no unfair disadvantage by being investigated, clubs are investigated all the time. Whats Leeds problem ?  

They’re waiting to give them the points deduction on the last day of the season, after the last game has been played, and they’ve won the league and we’ve come third. But a 10pt deduction then puts them in 7th, and we get automatic promotion. Sweet. 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Maybe they are putting together a powerpoint presentation on their findings?

• 2 weeks later...

A points deduction was probably never on the cards and would have resulted in a lengthy court case afterwards most likely, but I’m disappointed the EFL didn’t choose to force Leeds into adopting the badge they had designed for 5 seasons as punishment with the fine.

I would have also added a couple of zeros on to the fine with a small percentage given to Shaun Harvey’s leaving party.

9C3DD62E-0D59-4E8C-A4B5-E2A1C9F6D276.jpeg

Archived