'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

The Bielsa press conference was like the closing scene of a Luther episode where the serial killer is going "you think I only did that, let me show you what I've actually been up to all this time". He's extremely proud of his work and he wanted us all to know it was rather more than a bloke in the bushes trying to work out if Wilson was still injured. I actually don't believe this idea that they watched every match for a year, four hours on each one. I get the point he's thorough but unless he has a team of interns it just isn't possible to be doing 200 research a week.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, rynny said:

The replies to this tweet (from a paradoy account) says different. 

??????????????????????????????????????

Not sure if this has been shared but BBC Sport have gathered the thoughts of other managers on Bielsa's presentation. This pretty much sums it up:

"To get a PowerPoint presentation put together about stuff that's pretty basic - and then the furore that's gone with it - is quite funny to people in football," Preston North End manager Alex Neil told BBC Radio Lancashire. "I just think it's bizarre.

"The general public and media think we turn up, play five-a-sides and then go home. So when you do get exposed to it and get a taste of it, all of a sudden it seems ground-breaking.

"Everybody else in football is looking at it thinking 'yeah, we do the same'."

Full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46878655

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

Can't argue with the first paragraph, but no way he's done anywhere close to this. Ranieri getting Leicester to win the Prem was nothing short of a miracle. It wasn't too far beyond the realms of possibility for Leeds to be challenging for top 2, let's not forget, Leeds aren't actually up yet.

This is very true.

Yes they are the best team in the league currently. However I am surprised with the relative size of their squad, which is fairly small by all accounts (a Bielsa trait apparently) that they haven't begun to burn themselves out.

A few injuries and another 20 odd games could change their status at the top.

A good friend of mine (Leeds supporter) is also fearful of this.

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

This is very true.

Yes they are the best team in the league currently. However I am surprised with the relative size of their squad, which is fairly small by all accounts (a Bielsa trait apparently) that they haven't begun to burn themselves out.

A few injuries and another 20 odd games could change their status at the top.

A good friend of mine (Leeds supporter) is also fearful of this.

We've had a ridiculous injury list all season. We're getting players back for the running and we'll look stronger. Our record signing Bamford has hardly kicked a ball for us all season.

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

We've had a ridiculous injury list all season. We're getting players back for the running and we'll look stronger. Our record signing Bamford has hardly kicked a ball for us all season.

I wasn't knocking it, in fact I have been impressed that they have maintained the intensity.

I just think it might get you in the end

Suggesting the potential presence of journalistic bias based on the writer sharing a nationality with the target of the piece (who's currently in and working in a foreign country) is not racism.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Suggesting the potential presence of journalistic bias based on the writer sharing a nationality with the target of the piece (who's currently in and working in a foreign country) is not racism.

Implying that all Johnny Foreigners are cheats is, however. 

17 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Bielsa "I think I am Stupid". Sounds about right if he thinks spying is acceptable.

On a serious note, I don't think anyone has doubted his attention to detail, depth of analysis undertaken, his knowledge of the game, etc... Purely, he shouldn't be spying on other teams. 

Bielsa says he'll be respectful of the "cultural norms" and won't do this again

Seems to suggest he knows he was in the wrong

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

Implying that all Johnny Foreigners are cheats is, however. 

I'll take back my defense of Curtains if you can quote a post of his saying that foreigners are cheats.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'll take back my defense of Curtains if you can quote a post of his saying that foreigners are cheats.

It doesn't need spelling out, and I'm not being drawn back into that sort of argument on this forum. 

I posted the two articles because I thought they provided an informed and balanced response to a lot of the nonsense posted in this thread.

It is sadly telling that the first response was from someone dismissing one because the writer is foreign. 

I should have known better. 

Archived