'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

33 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

He is a journalists dream, opening up the doors to these people who thrive on any underhand tactics to get a story, it would be very hypocritical of then to condemn anything they have done when they are prepared to stoop to any level to enhance their own reputation.

No surprise he or any other journalist is supportive - am I allowed to say that or is that deemed racist as well ?  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It doesn't need spelling out, and I'm not being drawn back into that sort of argument on this forum. 

I posted the two articles because I thought they provided an informed and balanced response to a lot of the nonsense posted in this thread.

It is sadly telling that the first response was from someone dismissing one because the writer is foreign. 

I should have known better. 

I think, simply, that Curtains disagrees with the content of the first article - and believes (probably wrongly) that a topic written from such a differing base of perspective might have something to do with a form of patriotic bias. I don't agree, but I think that's all it was.

Curtains just doesn't have much of a way with words, so you should try not to take his remarks as frank and dismissive as they seem.

I've learnt that over spending a few past years almost constantly arguing with him ? 

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I’d not really paid much attention to Keown’s assessment because it was very quickly dismissed but the ‘premeditated’ action and the paragraph about knowing your opponents side are spot on. It’s the two most important points and has been completely ignored 

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’d not really paid much attention to Keown’s assessment because it was very quickly dismissed but the ‘premeditated’ action and the paragraph about knowing your opponents side are spot on. It’s the two most important points and has been completely ignored 

me neither, the context is that it is probably wrong to post one article as solid proof of an argument, 5 seconds to find that article, there may or may not be more.  As I have previously said it's about principles, some will find the behavior indefensible others, with a win at all cost mentality, will not find anything wrong in it.  

Gab Marcotti and Jonathan Wilson both have great knowledge of Bielsa's career (before he became well known as Bilbao and Chile manager) and I agree with them on this and thank Lambchop for posting the articles, but that reply to Curtains is just as ridiculous as Curtains comment insinuating Marcotti is biased in his assessment because he's Italian (by birth only really - he spent most of his time in USA, hence his weird accent) "Italian" and "Foreign" are not races.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

This is very true.

Yes they are the best team in the league currently. However I am surprised with the relative size of their squad, which is fairly small by all accounts (a Bielsa trait apparently) that they haven't begun to burn themselves out.

A few injuries and another 20 odd games could change their status at the top.

A good friend of mine (Leeds supporter) is also fearful of this.

As I said earlier - now they have to stop covertly spying on opponents training sessions, we'll also see whether it gave them a competitive advantage or not...

8 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As I said earlier - now they have to stop covertly spying on opponents training sessions, we'll also see whether it gave them a competitive advantage or not...

Have they?  Surely that will depend on what, if any, punishments are handed out.

Has he actually said he'd stop?  He didn't in his interview before we played them but can't say I've been keeping up with everything he's said since.

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Gab Marcotti and Jonathan Wilson both have great knowledge of Bielsa's career (before he became well known as Bilbao and Chile manager) and I agree with them on this and thank Lambchop for posting the articles, but that reply to Curtains is just as ridiculous as Curtains comment insinuating Marcotti is biased in his assessment because he's Italian (by birth only really - he spent most of his time in USA, hence his weird accent) "Italian" and "Foreign" are not races.

I thought the whole basis of Belisas argument was that this was very much a cultural thing, and is widely accepted in other countries?

Therefore to refer to the writer being Italian as being biased towards this, could hold merit if he deems for this behaviour to be acceptable.  

Not that I’m agreeing with Curtains BTW.

12 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Have they?  Surely that will depend on what, if any, punishments are handed out.

Has he actually said he'd stop?  He didn't in his interview before we played them but can't say I've been keeping up with everything he's said since.

He has according to one of the links Lambchop posted earlier.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He has according to one of the links Lambchop posted earlier.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Plus his general tone was "i didn't realise you all would think it so bad, so I will stop"

And he seems a trustworthy guy. I bet he definitely stops and doesn't go for the double-bluff ?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I don't agree, I think what he has done is put EFL&FA into a position where they have to either slap it down or give it tacit approval for everyone. The previous option of a very small fine a don't be naughty letter which would probably have been the outcome won't wash I think.

Archived