Watchable telly

dog

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Latest episodes of Cobra-Kai back on netflix.  A must watch bit of nostalgia throwback for a child in the 80's.

I started watching it and for some reason didn't continue, must try again as loved the karate kid films, the first two at least.

On 02/01/2021 at 00:40, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Latest episodes of Cobra-Kai back on netflix.  A must watch bit of nostalgia throwback for a child in the 80's.

Someone told me about this series ages ago.. I thought it sounded truly appalling. 

How wrong was I!! 

Its bloody marvellous. Made lovingly with due reverence and tongue in cheek fandom. 

Properly laugh out loud at times. Staggered it works as it should have been awful, but its a really enjoyable romp. 

On 02/01/2021 at 08:20, Tamworthram said:

Just watched the latest series of Making a Murderer.

Can’t make my mind up if the series illustrates how biased a “factual” Netflix documentary can be or how poor the US legal system can be at times. Probably a combination of both but mostly the former. If you take the case presented by Netflix as the whole balanced view of the evidence available then it’s incredulous how the appeal courts arrived at their decisions. I guess though that, quite rightly, the prosecution probably either refused to cooperate with the making of the series or were not invited.

I choose to believe the latter (at least in regards to his nephew). But who knows. Brilliant series, I don't know many people who have watched it but I could talk about it all day.

Regardless of what you believe, I think we can all agree the wheels of justice turn slowly and that he originally definitely served over a decade on the basis of the police basically deciding he seemed a guilty type of bloke. 

Edited by Chester40

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I choose to believe the latter (at least in regards to his nephew). But who knows. Brilliant series, I don't know many people who have watched it but I could talk about it all day.

Regardless of what you believe, I think we can all agree the wheels of justice turn slowly and that he originally definitely served over a decade on the basis of the police basically deciding he seemed a guilty type of bloke. 

Yep, the nephew’s case is an interesting and troubling one.

On one side I find it hard to believe that such senior and experienced appeal judges could dismiss the serious flaws in his taped interview that was apparent from the footage we saw that makes me think there must be more damning material. On the other hand though, it’s pretty shocking that such a young person, with obvious learning difficulties and low IQ, was allowed to be interviewed under caution and provide a confession without a legal representative being present regardless of the fact that he declined one.

And as for the material on the PC, who it belonged to and the fact that it was withheld, well where to start.

Apologies for the spoilers for anyone intending to watch it. I shan’t give away how it ends.

Sith Happens

After the advice on here I decided to give cobra kai another go, watched season 1 in 2 days  brilliant tv, loved it.

love how it leaves you unsure who you should be rooting for as neither of the adult or young adult leads is totally good or bad.

season 2 starts tonight for me

Sith Happens
On 03/01/2021 at 08:33, Chester40 said:

Someone told me about this series ages ago.. I thought it sounded truly appalling. 

How wrong was I!! 

Its bloody marvellous. Made lovingly with due reverence and tongue in cheek fandom. 

Properly laugh out loud at times. Staggered it works as it should have been awful, but its a really enjoyable romp. 

Done season 2 now..not as good as season 1 but still good. Having problems taking Kreese seriously...his face just doesnt move ?

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

Done season 2 now..not as good as season 1 but still good. Having problems taking Kreese seriously...his face just doesnt move ?

I actually liked season two more. Gags aplenty. It also reaffirmed that Daniel LaRusso is a tedious twit and Johnny Lawrence is the king of non-PC one-liners.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

22 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I actually liked season two more. Gags aplenty. It also reaffirmed that Daniel LaRusso is a tedious twit and Johnny Lawrence is the king of non-PC one-liners.

Agree. You feel more comfortable with the back stories so can relax into the set ups. The whole thing is fairly ridiculous but somehow its kinda joyful and melancholy at the same time. Could so easily be an absolute car crash of a programme but it is genuinely laugh out loud at times with Johnny getting all the best lines. Kreesh's face (and bizaare hands) are a distraction but just serve to add to the 'they have hardly changed' feeling of the main characters. The missus likes it and the eldest loves it too, so something that is very niche really is actually appealing to lots of people. 

On 02/01/2021 at 08:20, Tamworthram said:

Just watched the latest series of Making a Murderer.

Can’t make my mind up if the series illustrates how biased a “factual” Netflix documentary can be or how poor the US legal system can be at times. Probably a combination of both but mostly the former. If you take the case presented by Netflix as the whole balanced view of the evidence available then it’s incredulous how the appeal courts arrived at their decisions. I guess though that, quite rightly, the prosecution probably either refused to cooperate with the making of the series or were not invited.

If you enjoyed that, try The Staircase on Netflix. Similar concept. I think the guy in this was guilty as hell but make your own mind up.

19 hours ago, admira said:

If you enjoyed that, try The Staircase on Netflix. Similar concept. I think the guy in this was guilty as hell but make your own mind up.

I have watched it twice and I still couldn't hand on heart say for sure what I believed...definitely room for doubt.