Watchable telly

dog

4 hours ago, ketteringram said:

We're currently re watching The West Wing. Last weekend we got to the end of the second series. 

Personally I think that the final two episodes in series two , must be some of the finest TV ever made. 

Shhhhhh I’m barely past the halfway point of season one!

19 hours ago, ketteringram said:

We're currently re watching The West Wing. Last weekend we got to the end of the second series. 

Personally I think that the final two episodes in series two , must be some of the finest TV ever made. 

The West Wing is probably one of the finest series I have ever watched, superb writing and acting. 

House of Cards with Kevin Spacey (I realise not politically correct liking him in it) is also excellent.

Finished watching Night Stalker last night.

It's quite a remarkable piece of TV, very dark, superbly edited with a massive amount of real footage and images, and if you don't know the story (and we didn't) a real cliff hanger as LA's finest try and catch who would appear to be the most random, sadistic and cold-hearted serial killer to have ever existed.

And it's the randomness, and the fact that the Night Stalker broke almost every rule in the book that the Police thought they knew about serial killers, that makes it so appalling and intriguing.

I don't believe in the satan concept at all. But if I did, this would be the guy I'd point to as embodying that concept.

If you do watch it (and it's only 4 episodes) resist the temptation to Google any info before you do, or during it as you'll miss out on the suspense. 

On 22/01/2021 at 08:53, maxjam said:

Anyone watching Wandavision on Disney+

EsUtXxDXUAASYPG.jpg

It’s been both a slow burner and also delightful. I thought it would get its ideas across quicker and feature more action, but instead it’s happy to just let us watch the couple have fun in different sit com settings.

You’re right, but some of my initial guesses are still looking correct. Not too many Marvel twists yet (being the key word). You enjoying it?

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I’m not familiar with the term ‘jumped the shark’ - is it anything like ‘spanking the monkey’?

it means a tv program is past it's best, from happy days which was great until bizarrely they had the fonz jumping on water skis over a great white shark 

23 hours ago, r4derby said:

It’s been both a slow burner and also delightful. I thought it would get its ideas across quicker and feature more action, but instead it’s happy to just let us watch the couple have fun in different sit com settings.

You’re right, but some of my initial guesses are still looking correct. Not too many Marvel twists yet (being the key word). You enjoying it?

Its certainly different!

I can see why they released the first two episodes at the same time, if you had just watched the first one you would have though wtf?!?  But the second and third episodes had a little (and it was a little) more 'somethings not right' about them.

Definitely a slow burner but that kinda works - you're watching with a underlying sense of 'terror' as you know it could all kick off at any moment.  The cheesey laughs and forced acting are there to lul you into a false sense of security, you just know they are gonna hit you with something when you least expect it! 

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I like Would I lie to You but, in my opinion, Not Going Out jumped the shark a long tome ago.

Had a catchup with the new years eve episode of Not Going Out. Thought it was very, very good imo! Will try the earlier ones.

Can’t be arsed to see if someone else has mentioned it, but Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ is well worth a watch. Trailers and lukewarm reviews put me off, but some very good word of mouth, after it came out made me give it a go, and I’m so glad I did. Equally funny and heartwarming, it’s perfect optimistic viewing for these lockdown times. Extra points for getting football mostly right, and the stunning Hannah Waddingham as the reluctant chairwoman ?

Edited by ramsbottom