Watchable telly

dog

On 24/01/2021 at 07:18, Anag Ram said:

Corporal punishment is banned now so whilst you can still jump a shark, you can no longer spank a monkey, no matter how naughty he’s been.

Can you bash a Bishop?

Dagnabbit @Pearl Ram beat me at bashing the bishop.

Then again I was thinking of Mary Whitehouse.

Edited by Bob The Badger

Three episodes in to It's a sin on Channel 4.

Story of promiscuity and AIDS early 80s. The sadness of innocence and the sourness of ignorance. 

Typical Russell T Davies but really well done and with engaging characters. 

One of those programmes where the time whizzes by, which I think is a good sign. 

9 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Married at First Sight Australia.

Class.

As it happens, left my Sky box on E4, when I turned on earlier, this was on. Having only ever seen snippets on Gogglebox, thought I’d give it half hour. 

Total trash TV! ? love and hate it in equal measure! 

9 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Married at First Sight Australia.

Class.

its crap but addictive...the dinner parties in the later seasons are quality 

On 24/01/2021 at 16:52, Wistaston Ram said:

Just watched The Investigation on BBC I Player. Latest Scandi thriller based on the true story of the 'Submarine murder' in 2017. Highly recommended and fascinating on how the evidence for the prosecution was put together. This included using sniffer dogs to detect a body under water.

I watched the first 2 episodes on BBC2 and was so enthralled decided not to wait until next weeks' double and downloaded it from Catchup. So atmospheric and the actor who plays the lead cop is superb.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I watched the first 2 episodes on BBC2 and was so enthralled decided not to wait until next weeks' double and downloaded it from Catchup. So atmospheric and the actor who plays the lead cop is superb.

He is excellent and appears a lot in Danish thrillers and drama including The Killing and Borgen.

On 23/01/2021 at 22:45, Sith Happens said:

it means a tv program is past it's best, from happy days which was great until bizarrely they had the fonz jumping on water skis over a great white shark 

Happy Days has never been great since the first day it was broadcast. 

Subbing the one and only Flinstones for it, was the biggest mistake on Television until the BBC decided to employ Naga Munchetty. 

3 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Happy Days has never been great since the first day it was broadcast. 

Subbing the one and only Flinstones for it, was the biggest mistake on Television until the BBC decided to employ Naga Munchetty. 

I thought in its early days when richie was the main character and the fonz just a background character it was good. I only recall it really from reruns though.

When the fonz became the main character and they introduced characters like Mork it certainly went downhill.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can we choke a chicken?

Only if it's free range and has had chance to enjoy its square metre with twelve pals for at least eight weeks. 

You don't want to be choking anything that's been cooped up in unsanitary conditions. 

7 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

I thought in its early days when richie was the main character and the fonz just a background character it was good. I only recall it really from reruns though.

When the fonz became the main character and they introduced characters like Mork it certainly went downhill.

Only watched it really because I fancied Erin Moran. 

And there is a sad tale if there ever was. 

On 24/01/2021 at 23:23, ramsbottom said:

Can’t be arsed to see if someone else has mentioned it, but Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ is well worth a watch. Trailers and lukewarm reviews put me off, but some very good word of mouth, after it came out made me give it a go, and I’m so glad I did. Equally funny and heartwarming, it’s perfect optimistic viewing for these lockdown times. Extra points for getting football mostly right, and the stunning Hannah Waddingham as the reluctant chairwoman ?

Yep, much smarter show than the trailers let on, but for those who persist anyway, the reward is ample.