Watchable telly

dog

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm a bit lost with the timelines, will Spock be in Uni3 then? When is it set?

No I don't think so. It's set in the 32nd century but its definitely got Vulcans (Or Romulans as they are the same race) in it. Michael Burnham who is the lead character in Discovery is Spocks sister so I think there might be some connection that way.

Don't know if you have seen season 1 and 2 so don't want to say too much.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

Don't know if you have seen season 1 and 2 so don't want to say too much.

Watched Series 1 on E4HD (?) and watched Series 2 on Greek Netflix while on holiday on Kefalonia this October, lol.

Was happy to see less of the awful PC value signalling at the end of Series 2 and it was much more like a normal series. I prefer my Star Trek a 'western in space' kinda thing ? 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'He is human and humans have a habit of showing up when you least expect them...'

Certainly had a thing for Denise Crosby when younger. Wasn't happy when she was killed off by an oil slick.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watched Series 1 on E4HD (?) and watched Series 2 on Greek Netflix while on holiday on Kefalonia this October, lol.

Was happy to see less of the awful PC value signalling at the end of Series 2 and it was much more like a normal series. I prefer my Star Trek a 'western in space' kinda thing ? 

Ah cool you know all the spock connection. It might be a let down of course, Picard was, but this series seems to be written really well.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just googled it, vaguely remember it now, ta. 

A Netflix question if you know the answer, when I chose which Netflix to subscribe to I want the UHD one that allows you to view on 4(?) devices. Is it possible to give my log in details to someone else living in Derby and for them to watch Netflix too?

Yes. I share my login with a poster here. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was happy to see less of the awful PC value signalling at the end of Series 2 ?

Come on that's always been part of Trek, going right back to the 60s series there was a social commentary on racial segregation, communism, and an overriding anti war perspective. All at a time of MLK, the McCarthy witch hunts and the Vietnam war. Call it value signalling if you like. But like it or not, It's a core part of the show. 

Series 1 was classic Star Trek in that respect.

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Come on that's always been part of Trek, going right back to the 60s series there was a social commentary on racial segregation, communism, and an overriding anti war perspective.

Yes, but they didn't actually script it in. It wasn't written down as lines! Viewers aren't that dumb that they need it explaining to them - it was like a Govt. information prog. 'ooh look how difficult is to be different, etc we should be kind to these people because we're all different'. 

Whereas Star Trek previous incarnations just got on with it. The story lines told you of the 'social commentary' it didn't need verbalising!

5 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Francesco Totti’s documentary on sky. Top class.

Don't think Spalletti will be on his Christmas card list. 

How good was it seeing fans chanting in a football stadium again? 

There are some real gems on the documentary channel. 

18 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It may already have been recommended but I've just finished the third series of Subarra on Netflix.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it myself especially for anyone who rated Gomorrah. 

Gomorrah?? You have set the bar very high...in terms of recommendations you have just played your joker.

I will watch based entirely on that... when I have finished 'Undercover'. Subtitled, undercover cop on trail of drug baron, very watchable. 

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Gomorrah?? You have set the bar very high...in terms of recommendations you have just played your joker.

I will watch based entirely on that... when I have finished 'Undercover'. Subtitled, undercover cop on trail of drug baron, very watchable. 

Thanks. Might give it try. 

On 15/11/2020 at 15:30, Anag Ram said:

It’s a competition to paint portraits and they sit there saying he/she hasn’t quite got the likeness but it’s brilliant.

So basically they can paint whoever the hell they like as long as it has a nice background.

Still love it and Kate Bryan is lovely.

So now I'm totally confused. 

In last night's episode the judges said one of the guys was the best realist they had ever seen, i. e. he had captured the image in front of him perfectly. 

He didn't make the final three! 

On 30/11/2020 at 14:34, Chester40 said:

You'll like Suburra buddy. And it's in the ballpark...

11 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You'll like Suburra buddy. And it's in the ballpark...

Watched the first episode. @Tamworthramyou are correct to cite Gomorrah.  Definitely same ballpark.

Hasn't initially gripped me in the same way, actors aren't so mesmerising, the characters so fascinating or the soundtrack so perfect...but its similar...! Awful lot of threads to the storyline so far, so I hope the pay-off is a less intense ride with a more satisfying conclusion.