Watchable telly

dog

Just getting to the end of series two of White Lotus. It's so well scripted and, in particular, the use of the music and sweeping scenery shots really set it up to play well. Great character portrayal throughout - lovin' it.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Just getting to the end of series two of White Lotus. It's so well scripted and, in particular, the use of the music and sweeping scenery shots really set it up to play well. Great character portrayal throughout - lovin' it.

S1. Brilliant

S2. Good.

S3. Just Ok.

Just watched Spacey Unmasked on Ch4. He's an actor I've always admired since the 90's a supremely talented guy. Didn't realise his dark side was quite as bad as this however. I'm not such a fanboy any more!

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Decided to finally get around to watching 'Dexter'.

I enjoyed the first episode, so only another 95 blood-spattered walls and severed heads to go.

I'd enjoy the first two series but then expect to be roundly disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm used to Charles Bronson / Denzel Washington type vigilantes, so this is very different. I wonder how long before it gets 'samey'.

Just now, Eddie said:

I'm used to Charles Bronson / Denzel Washington type vigilantes, so this is very different. I wonder how long before it gets 'samey'.

Just got a bit silly.  Never bothered with the Dexter New Blood series more recently.  Don't know if that's an improvement.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

For me, it was just the last series that let it down.

Fans of true crime documentaries will enjoy The Jinx and The Jinx part 2, both on Sky, telling of a rich American guy, Robert Durst, suspected of murdering three people over the years and the subsequent trials. A good watch but have to wait for the next episode as not all are available yet.

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Fans of true crime documentaries will enjoy The Jinx and The Jinx part 2, both on Sky, telling of a rich American guy, Robert Durst, suspected of murdering three people over the years and the subsequent trials. A good watch but have to wait for the next episode as not all are available yet.

Wasn't The Jinx the OG when it comes to all these true crimes docuseries? 

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wasn't The Jinx the OG when it comes to all these true crimes docuseries? 

Not sure, i had never heard of it until part two was released a few weeks ago so decided to watch from the start.  It was made in 2015 so certainly one of the early ones.

8 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Not sure, i had never heard of it until part two was released a few weeks ago so decided to watch from the start.  It was made in 2015 so certainly one of the early ones.

I watched it years ago. 

Quite slow and he isn't particularly engaging...

But its intriguing and has a good pay off eventually. 

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

I loved Dexter. One of my favourite series ever.

Series/protagonist differ but I always found his character interesting and very amusing at times.

The New Blood series years later was poor though.

11 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I watched it years ago. 

Quite slow and he isn't particularly engaging...

But its intriguing and has a good pay off eventually. 

So are you going to watch part two?

On 08/05/2024 at 08:46, Stive Pesley said:

Have watched the first two episodes of "A Man In Full" on Netflix, as their algorithm was adamant it was up our strasse.

I hope it gets interesting soon 🥱

I liked it, but I am beginning to think I'm far more easily pleased than most 😂