Watchable telly

dog

On 22/04/2023 at 12:29, Anag Ram said:

What was especially scary was the wave of support for Raoul Moat during and after the manhunt.

On 22/04/2023 at 12:29, Anag Ram said:

What was especially scary was the wave of support for Raoul Moat during and after the manhunt.

10 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

AnagRam you are so right I couldn't believe that. I will be honest I had forgot all about that. 

Is it a modern thing?

I've read stories on here from the 70's, fans who used to taunt the police about a cop killer during matches. 

18 minutes ago, Rev said:

Is it a modern thing?

I've read stories on here from the 70's, fans who used to taunt the police about a cop killer during matches. 

I saw a TV programme recently that was explaining how folk couldn’t get enough of Napoleon after he was brought to Plymouth after Waterloo - they suggested he was the equivalent of a modern day rock star - despite being the leader of country we’d recently been at war with. The general public are weird…..

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Watched a couple of episodes of Colin from Accounts. BBC iPlayer. Very amusing. Australian comedy - don’t let that put you off. Man and woman meet by chance, and live together because of a ‘shared’ love for a disabled dog (who is Colin from Accounts). No need to thank me.

It's next on our iPlayer list. Just watched Rain Dogs. If anyone is thinking about it - don't bother. Absolute pony

Even the Karl Pilkington cameo in the last 2 episodes doesn't redeem it. Watched it because Daisy May Cooper was really good in "Am I Being Unreasonable", but nah. It was rubbish

On 24/04/2023 at 21:28, i-Ram said:

Watched a couple of episodes of Colin from Accounts. BBC iPlayer. Very amusing. Australian comedy - don’t let that put you off. Man and woman meet by chance, and live together because of a ‘shared’ love for a disabled dog (who is Colin from Accounts). No need to thank me.

Watched the first episode last night - loved it. A completely stupid and far-fetched scenario for a sitcom, but funny enough that it really doesn't matter

About halfway through Beef on Netflix and really enjoying it.

It's been mentioned here before (forget who by now), but it's a quirky black comedy about an escalating conflict between a man and a woman after a road rage incident.

It's not very often that you see a US-produced programme that has Korean protagonists and I'm really enjoying it.

Some laugh-out-loud jokes and a very good observation of how something small can get out of hand.

I'm meh about Ali Wong as a stand-up, but I like her as an actor and the guy who plays her wimpy Japanese husband is very good.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Shame it’s not Car Kamikaze 

Very much. 

Something quite amusing about a guy who's famously arrogant and rude yet always plays the down to earth lad going on about how he'll miss the show and all the friends he's made that feel like family. 

But take comfort in knowing no matter how much you hate Corden, there's always Limmy out there who hates him more

On 23/04/2023 at 20:07, Gaspode said:

I saw a TV programme recently that was explaining how folk couldn’t get enough of Napoleon after he was brought to Plymouth after Waterloo - they suggested he was the equivalent of a modern day rock star - despite being the leader of country we’d recently been at war with. The general public are weird…..

Well his political ideas may have been seen as being popular. The poor were pretty downtrodden. 

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It's been mentioned here before (forget who by now), but it's a quirky black comedy about an escalating conflict between a man and a woman after a road rage incident.

It's not very often that you see a US-produced programme that has Korean protagonists and I'm really enjoying it.

Some laugh-out-loud jokes and a very good observation of how something small can get out of hand.

I'm meh about Ali Wong as a stand-up, but I like her as an actor and the guy who plays her wimpy Japanese husband is very good.

I mentioned it - both me and the missus enjoy it.

Likewise I noticed Tulsa King and recall there was plenty of chat on here and started it.

Three episodes in and Beef is on the back-burner. Sly is surprisingly enjoyable as the lead and it's definitely drawn us in.

On 26/04/2023 at 12:47, Bob The Badger said:

Watched the first 2 episodes, enjoying it.

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Treason, British spy thriller on Netflix, surprisingly good….

I soooo wanted to like that because I love the genre.

But I ended up hating it.

The ease with which the guy was poisoned at the start was totally preposterous.

And the script was so lame and cliche-ridden with exchanges like,  'We're done here 'No, we're just getting started'.

It felt like it had been written by ChatGPT.

In all fairness, I didn't get past the first episode, but that is how much I hated it.

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

And the script was so lame and cliche-ridden with exchanges like,  'We're done here 'No, we're just getting started'.

In all fairness, I didn't get past the first episode, but that is how much I hated it.

Should have continued 😁

On 29/04/2023 at 13:38, Bob The Badger said:

If you thought Treason was a tad unbelievable, what were your thoughts about Beef in the end 😁