Watchable telly

dog

On 22/09/2022 at 14:56, TimRam said:

Resident Evil series 8 episodes. I enjoyed this and it's a shame to hear of cancellation. Worth watching
all the same.

I think Love, Death and Robots has been mentioned. It's very good and has a 'Black Mirror' feel to it.

Both on Netflix.

I just finished watching Resident Evil last night and was looking forward to the second series - had no idea it had already been cancelled!

9 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I just finished watching Resident Evil last night and was looking forward to the second series - had no idea it had already been cancelled!

Is a shame as I enjoyed it too.  Far too many good shows, or ones with potential get canned.  Daredevil, Flash Forward, Terra Nova, Messiah, Altered Carbon, Jupiter's Legacy or Cowboy Bebop, to name a few. 

On 26/09/2022 at 17:09, NottsRam said:

Watching the Jeffrey Dahmer dramatisation on Netflix.  Sickening but fascinating stuff.

Same, I find it really hard to watch though 

Just finished watching "This England" 6 episodes Might not be everyone's cup o tea, I found it a good watch, Take BJs missus out of it and it would have been better ?

All taken from true events...80% around Covid-19, Watching the old dyeing was heart breaking as this is how my Mother passed in a Care Home in April 2020.

Tory Government lost that tiny piece of any creditability they had with this god damn fiasco, With some Tories feathering their already comfy nests with PPE contracts?  

Stuck

Morgan Robinson and Dylan Moran are the couple "in a rut". 6 x 15 minute episodes.

Good enough.

Edited by JoetheRam
I originally put excellent. It's not excellent, Dylan Moran essentially plays himself (again) but it's inoffensive and light with enough moments of truth thrown in for it to be classed as "watchable" telly.

36 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Fantasy Football League on Sky Showcase. No Baddiel or Skinner but still good to watch. Darren Bent is in the first episodes 'Phoenix from the Flames'.

I saw it advertised and didn't realise it was going to be based on the original.

I thought it was a show about fantasy football, player stats, who to drop who to make captain etc, which I find boring as hell. 

I was pleasantly surprised and loved phoenix from the flames. Bent in a Charlton top ?.

"My Grandparents War"

Celebrities finding out what their Grandparents were doing in WW2, Channel 4, Caught this by channel hopping last night, Toby Jones(actor)was on last night, Then I caught Helena Bonham Carter on catchup straight after.

Gonna have a catchup fest today, Series 1 and a few from series 2, Fascinating stories of how their Grandparents helped others in a time of turmoil and crisis ? 

20 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Stewart Lee: Snowflake/Tornado.

Never used to think he was funny but he's grown on me the last few years and these two specials on iplayer are class stand up.

His next tour was recently announced, I saw the one above live and loved it. You just never know who he is actually laughing at - himself, you, the person the joke is supposed to be about or none of the above.

Back to the thread, King Rocker - the film about Birmingham band The Nightingales - is well worth a viewing, he's the main story teller in that and it's a great romp. It's on Now TV or Sky Arts.

On 22/09/2022 at 14:56, TimRam said:

Resident Evil series 8 episodes. I enjoyed this and it's a shame to hear of cancellation. Worth watching
all the same.

I think Love, Death and Robots has been mentioned. It's very good and has a 'Black Mirror' feel to it.

Both on Netflix.

Must admit,I couldn't get on with the latest resident evil series at all,maybe because I'm a fan of all of the previous incarnations.

Live death and robots is brilliant though.

On 05/10/2022 at 22:36, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

just finished watching FROM. it was on sky syfi earlier this year. 

from the makers of lost.

10 episodes.new series coming out next year

What did you think of it?  We've just finished it - very Lost-esque but we enjoyed it.  Hope it doesn't go down a rabbit hole like Lost did, or in this case, a tree hole.