Watchable telly

dog

The Scheme, Sky Documentary about Christian Dawkins rise through College Basketball as an agent/manager and how he was set up by the FBI to engage with NCAA College basketball coaches who paid Amateur players to play for them so they could break College Basketballs king makers.

The corruption within the NCAA who make Billions of $s and the FBI(as shown in the film)shows us what we already knew...$$$$$ is king no matter who you are, If you have the where with all you can get away with whatever you wish. 

10/10 for me 👏

Edited by The Last Post

14 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

A question about Boiling Point. Is it just a remake of the movie, which I thought was great. Or is it a prequel, or just based on the idea? Not sure I want to watch a remake of something I've watched in the last year or so.

Different arc I read. Head chef sets up on her own was the premise IIRC. Not watched any of it so no idea if it's decent, but I liked the movie.

Making A Murderer : 4th time through! Life is definitely stranger then fiction. The missus isn't interested in it - she says it looks too slow and depressing but she just won't give it a chance. Anyone who does will get hooked.

Alternatively though if she did and encouraged it, I think I'd disappear down the rabbit hole and never re-emerge.

Just the most fascinating, complicated,  weird, frustrating case. The documentary just allows the story to slowly uncurl (covering such a long period of time) and its tentacles to just stretch in so many different directions. So many anomalies, so many unpleasant characters... just so many questions that I need an answer too. The access to everyone involved is mind boggling too.

Ken Kratz the prosecution lead is the most annoying person I think I have ever seen. 

The Fall Of the House Of Usher (Netflix)

Just as I once again consider putting my subscription on hold I find something I enjoy!

I'm 3 episodes in and recommend it, good storyline with interesting characters - don't think it is in any way like the classic short story, more a homage to EAP... Luke Skywalker is in it... so it's gotta be good! 😁

On 26/10/2023 at 16:41, RebelScum said:

The Fall Of the House Of Usher (Netflix)

Just as I once again consider putting my subscription on hold I find something I enjoy!

I'm 3 episodes in and recommend it, good storyline with interesting characters - don't think it is in any way like the classic short story, more a homage to EAP... Luke Skywalker is in it... so it's gotta be good! 😁

I think that Poe would be pleased. It's delightfully macabre.

Great performance by the cat.

Edited by Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2023 at 12:34, NottsRam said:

Enjoyed the second series of Time on BBC although at only three episodes it seemed a little short.  Outstanding performance by Bella Ramsey as a young inmate.  Well worth a watch.

I liked the fact that they kept it short and didn't veer off into too many side plots. Like the first series, it showed the madness and chaos of our prison and justice system. Brilliant writing and acting IMO 👏

37 minutes ago, Crewton said:

"The Detectives" (BBC, available via iPlayer). 3 episodes. A distressing violent crime in Rochdale leads local detectives into an operation aimed at taking down a drug-dealing OCG. 

I found it a fascinating, but ultimately depressing, journey through our broken justice system.

Presumably not this one, then?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaUx4v_Ax5s

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

"The Detectives" (BBC, available via iPlayer). 3 episodes. A distressing violent crime in Rochdale leads local detectives into an operation aimed at taking down a drug-dealing OCG. 

I found it a fascinating, but ultimately depressing, journey through our broken justice system.

Was a brilliant watch.