V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/12/2018 at 16:51, rammieib said:

Circa 1600 tickets still left plus two blocks in west upper which say sold out but my suspicion is they don’t want to sell from them. So if true we will be looking at around 30,000. Probably lowest gate in years for this fixture. 

People seem to forget that we have a hell of a lot of shift workers in Derby because of companys like Rolls Royce, Bombardier and Toyota along with all the smaller companies that work alongside or for the bigger companies. I am on nights this week but managed to book the night off before anybody else got in and booked it because we are only allowed one person off at a time in each area.

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Loving a stress-free Saturday.

Off out for a run, then coffee, a bit of gardening and tree decoration.

PFT (pre-Forest tension) can wait til Monday.

I personally agree, tonight is a Xmas meal and night out with friends at our local club. At least I knew well in advance, that I could enjoy the evening, after the fixture change. 

I think PFT will start on Sunday, though. At least, neither blues nor villa nor Stoke won. 

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Also a win puts us 6 points above Forest and 6 above Villa, every game against Forest is big, but this is massive, I honestly think a win sets us up nicely for the second half of the season.

Set us up for what?

We’re all to long in the tooth to believe at Xmas surely (and I don’t mean Father Christmas) We’ve been at least top 5 or better after 23 games each of the last 5 years. I believe nowt mate until it happens. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

People seem to forget that we have a hell of a lot of shift workers in Derby because of companys like Rolls Royce, Bombardier and Toyota along with all the smaller companies that work alongside or for the bigger companies. I am on nights this week but managed to book the night off before anybody else got in and booked it because we are only allowed one person off at a time in each area.

Get that completely. I'm not having a single pop at Derby fans - I'm 100% having a pop at the club for a price ticketing strategy that hasn't as yet, led to the game selling out.

If I didn't have a ST, I would be thinking seperately about going at £40. 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Get that completely. I'm not having a single pop at Derby fans - I'm 100% having a pop at the club for a price ticketing strategy that hasn't as yet, led to the game selling out.

If I didn't have a ST, I would be thinking seperately about going at £40. 

I’ve paid £40 but this is a game I’d have paid more to watch. 

This is not just any game, this is a game that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when the teams come out, this is a match where you know you’ll lose your voice come 90 minutes, this is a game where all 4 sides of the stand join in with the atmosphere. 

If you haven’t got s ticket, go and get a ticket and don’t regret it Tuesday morning. 

We can go 6 points clear of our rivals who so far this season are the closest they’ve been to us in years. 

A lot of results have gone our way today and I’d say this is the biggest game we’ve had (not just against Forest) for quite some time and the 12th man will be crucial. 

COYR

Archived