V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving this rousing thread! North Stand will have to put up with four blokes and my 67 year-old former popside dad getting up and down as we shout down to the pitch. 

I was miffed at the fixture change originally but boy oh boy am I looking forward to a floodlit, nighttime game between us and them. Buzzing to be part of the thousands walking from the station to Pride Park on Monday.

COYR! 

Got a new boss at work,first conversation I had with him when I found out he lived in Nottingham.

He reaches out to shake my hand and I say,”Are you a Forest fan?”

”I am a Forest fan”

”I’m from Derby”.

”Bloody hell,I didn’t expect to see any of you lot up here!”,as he retracts his unshaken hand and walks off?

8 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Loving this rousing thread! North Stand will have to put up with four blokes and my 67 year-old former popside dad getting up and down as we shout down to the pitch. 

I was miffed at the fixture change originally but boy oh boy am I looking forward to a floodlit, nighttime game between us and them. Buzzing to be part of the thousands walking from the station to Pride Park on Monday.

COYR! 

Hang back a bit when you get off the train, otherwise they'll corral you in with the Notts fans and take you the back way.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:29, RiddingsRam said:

Well I get to do the Biggie , the highlight of a lot of Rams fans season and its the most well matched local derby in years . This fixture can make or break your working week , all form goes out of the window here anf I for one cannot wait. 

Monday (suits me fine) the 17th if December 19.45 k.o 

Fire away .......

Form goes out of the window.....one of the biggest myths in football....

How many times in the last 20 years have Everton beaten Liverpool? Forest beaten Derby? Tottenham beaten Arsenal?

Usually the better teams wins, there are of course abnormalities but that goes with every fixture.

This has all the makings of a belter, great for the neutral torture for the fans involved but if Forest come out and play instead of setting out to kick people, the standard of this game could be the best for decades.

If we win, 6 pts ahead of them, if we lose behind them on goal difference and in the same position we were last week (ie right in the mix) with another home game coming next week.

Makes it a must win or defo not lose for Forest - pressure on them

Was making a brew at work and as the kettle's on a colleague asks;

'You all set then?'

'Yeah, I've got the Monday/ Tuesday off, can't wait!!'

'What! You got Christmas Eve and Day off! How did you manage that?'

'Erm, no working both.....you weren't asking about the Derby /Forest match were you?'

? I'm already clock watching the week through, can't remember the last time I wanted a weekend done and Monday to come so bad!

Team for me:

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Hudds

Wilson Mount 

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

Bryson for me has been a bit ineffective recently, and might be tempted to play Wisdom for a bit more security if we do drop Bryson and go with two attacking midfielders. Having said that he usually has a blinder against Forest. 

16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Hang back a bit when you get off the train, otherwise they'll corral you in with the Notts fans and take you the back way.

Luckily I'll be in The Alex or Brunswick from a bout 5pm so hopefully won't get taken up any dark passageways. 

8 hours ago, EnzaRam said:

'You all set then?'

'Erm, no working both.....you weren't asking about the Derby /Forest match were you?'

? I'm already clock watching the week through, can't remember the last time I wanted a weekend done and Monday to come so bad!

Hello santa

8 hours ago, EnzaRam said:

'You all set then?'

I thought about doing that, but imagine how much Monday morning and lunch will drag (unless you plan on hitting the pub at 9am, fair play if you are, I'd be dead by kick off). Better to be at work, busy and time will fly by. Obviously I'm still leaving work at 3pm, so should have a beer in my hand by 3.01pm (whether that's on the train or a pub, I am indifferent at this point).

P.S. Love the profile picture choice. Smell my cheese you mother!

3 hours ago, Paese said:

I thought about doing that, but imagine how much Monday morning and lunch will drag (unless you plan on hitting the pub at 9am, fair play if you are, I'd be dead by kick off). Better to be at work, busy and time will fly by. Obviously I'm still leaving work at 3pm, so should have a beer in my hand by 3.01pm (whether that's on the train or a pub, I am indifferent at this point).

It's never the time I start drinking that defeats me, just the quantity  ? It was just a fine excuse to get time off before my Christmas run at work. I couldn't have made it if it had been on the Sat or Sun, so it's been a bonus change of fixture for me, although I appreciate it will have been a pain for  others.

So the dog will get a longer walk in the morning, me and the daughter (who should be at college ??) will embark on a bus and train odyssey into town to meet a mate about 1ish, and from there is just enjoying the build up. I love the buzz of fans building in the pubs, I've got red dog mate's, so there will be plenty of banter over what's app etc, and I love a night match on a freezing winter night.

Not many derby's I can actually say I 'enjoyed' watching, but if the result goes our way what a better start to the festive run, and we've got some right matches coming up.

Looks a proper nail biter on paper, but 3-2 is my guess for a great early Christmas present! COYR's

6Bbg.gif

Archived