V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just come to the pleasant realisation that this game is meaningless. Win, lose, it just doesn't matter. These local derbies are so unpredictable that its basically a non event.  

Whether we win or lose its all about how we kick on after that. The Bristol City match is huge. Season defining. The Forest match is nothing more than an exhibition. 

I'm not even going to watch it.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I've just come to the pleasant realisation that this game is meaningless. Win, lose, it just doesn't matter. These local derbies are so unpredictable that its basically a non event.  

Whether we win or lose its all about how we kick on after that. The Bristol City match is huge. Season defining. The Forest match is nothing more than an exhibition. 

I'm not even going to watch it.

Bet you do!

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Still about 1,500 tickets left. Most in the North Stand. Mind you I'm not surprised Upper tier £39.00 Lower tier £37.00.

If you have checked how many are left on line it isn’t accurate, the TO don’t show all available tickets on line.  

2 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

As I convinced some more people to get to this game, I've had to sit in the upper North Stand (block B) as there weren't any decent seats left surprisingly.

Never sat in the North Stand what is it like? Worried it'll be a bit tame ?

I'm in the NE corner, which in itself is a tad tame (Particularly as I moved there from the SE Corner about 6/7 years ago), but the Main North stand is tamer still!  I've moved to there on a couple of occasions, mainly to seat 3 or 4 together for this fixture (in previous years).

However... and it's a big however... This is the big game, and there is no tame area for this one!  Wherever you sit, it can be as "wild" as you want to make it!

As to your comments re "decent seats", there's no poor seat with regards to view (Although I personally don't like front/low down), and for this fixture, there's no poor seat with regards to lack of atmosphere!

Take a deep breath, savour the moment... and just let it all out!  UTR.

All single seats available apart from the odd few in the north stand.

Anybody getting tickets now is a sad loner with no friends basically.

Adrenalin will be high, so if you get a bit bored of abusing the Forest players and fans, find one of these late buying loners and bully the hell out of them.

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm in the NE corner, which in itself is a tad tame (Particularly as I moved there from the SE Corner about 6/7 years ago), but the Main North stand is tamer still!  I've moved to there on a couple of occasions, mainly to seat 3 or 4 together for this fixture (in previous years).

However... and it's a big however... This is the big game, and there is no tame area for this one!  Wherever you sit, it can be as "wild" as you want to make it!

As to your comments re "decent seats", there's no poor seat with regards to view (Although I personally don't like front/low down), and for this fixture, there's no poor seat with regards to lack of atmosphere!

I've had to move my season ticket from South Stand to the NE corner for this game to accomodate my dad and brother coming up, since it'll be a good laugh sat next to each other and NE is where our season tickets used to be anyway. Already regretting this decision though. Who cares about spending time with family anyway!

47 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agreed! For this fixture though I've only ever stood in East Stand next to the gumps or somewhere in the South Stand wherever I could get -- was just wondering about the atmosphere there as I've sacrificed my usual spot. If you don't like the seats at pitch level (like myself) they're not as "decent" as others.

I just hope folded-arms Roy and wife sat on Facebook don't mind us creating a bit of noise and jeering ?

3 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

As I convinced some more people to get to this game, I've had to sit in the upper North Stand (block B) as there weren't any decent seats left surprisingly.

Never sat in the North Stand what is it like? Worried it'll be a bit tame ?

A bit tame how very dare you I'll have you know someone got up an shouted "come on derby " last season ,  just make sure you don't forget your blanket, flask and werthers originals. 

1 minute ago, sawley_ram said:

I just hope folded-arms Roy and wife sat on Facebook don't mind us creating a bit of noise and jeering ?

duck 'em!

The hardest part for me when I moved North was the language!  I've been naturally "industrial" since birth!

Luckily, I'm mid 50's now, so the self restraint/good manners does tend to come easier each year!

... Still not fekkin' easy though, I can tell yer!  

Archived