Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Erotic? Then 4 games are way too much!

There's not enough love in this world!

The way they embraced, it didn't really look like a fight, it was more like..

Did you ever see Bruno, the Sasha Baron Cohen film? The whole thing reminded me of the cage fight scene in that film.

I find it interesting that neither Rowett or Allen want to pursue this incident. Is it because it really was no big thing or is it that Allen did something to Johnson that was not seen by fans at match or on Skye. There definitely was a mark on Johnson's neck. I think a line should be drawn under the whole incident. It was a dirty thuggish match and passions were run ing high. Men in suits should keep out of this.

Bit dramatic that B4, the ref rightfully booked Allen and rightfully sent off Etebo. 

The only thing they got away with is Allen kicking the ball away for a second yellow. Not sure what lawyers can do about that. It is 2018 though, who knows, anything goes. 

Johnson certainly did himself no favours but Allen was equally a muppet if not more so. I wasn't aware it was acceptable to go charging into the back of people because you are unhappy and then put them in a headlock. You either punish them both or leave it as was, a yellow on the night.

Sky have certainly done us no favours here. I thought Lampard being here would make us media darlings but I actually feel we are now a target to make an example of. 

11 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Johnson certainly did himself no favours but Allen was equally a muppet if not more so. I wasn't aware it was acceptable to go charging into the back of people because you are unhappy and then put them in a headlock. You either punish them both or leave it as was, a yellow on the night.

Sky have certainly done us no favours here. I thought Lampard being here would make us media darlings but I actually feel we are now a target to make an example of. 

I agree with this comment. I am just wondering whether Bradley will take his punishment and keep his mouth shut, or try and take Allen down with him. I'd do the latter - Allen will be a much bigger miss for Stoke than Johnson will be for us (sorry Bradley!)

It seems unfair to me that Johnson gets the punishment because the camera angle is more clear of what he did than of what Allen did inside that bear hug.

I'm thinking the Sky behaviour towards us is more about the disputed EFL deal than about Lampard, to be honest.

Would love to be bothered by this but I'm simply not. Be gone at the end of the year, and could ban him til then and I wouldn't be bothered. See what Max Bird can do, George Evans nearly back too... and January round the corner.

Only thing I want Johnson to do is issue a public appolgy to us and the club for making us the laughing stock of football - and to instruct his agent to find somewhere else for him to carry on his neanderthal activites. - and I don't actually give a monkey's what Allen did to provoke him, biting is just unacceptable in a civilised world......

7 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Only thing I want Johnson to do is issue a public appolgy to us and the club for making us the laughing stock of football - and to instruct his agent to find somewhere else for him to carry on his neanderthal activites. - and I don't actually give a monkey's what Allen did to provoke him, biting is just unacceptable in a civilised world......

He only nibbled his shirt, we've all done it

Just now, A Ram for All Seasons said:

All hell was loose in my missus's kindergarten recently when a little lad decided to bite a little girl in the arm. It was the first case of biting in over six years, and that's on a rough estate.

Grown men should not be going around biting each other. Even the kiddies don't do it very often.

Oh I don't know. Some people pay a lot of money for that kind of action.

Don’t quite see this ‘we won’t miss Johnson’ debate as he was pivotal to some of our displays this season and our midfield looks very lightweight without him around. He’s also been part of some of our best midfield performances this season. Yeah he’s not ideal as a DM but his all action approach actually gets us on the front foot in games which we need to play how we want.

Think some of you need to be careful for what you wish for a little.

Archived