Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not a bite, the FA have gone overboard for no reason. If it had been a bite  Allen and Rowett

would be screaming for justice -  Joe Allen actually grabs Johnson from behind in a headlock, another

example of Derby losing out to a bad decision, what a crock of----!

I can’t quite believe just how ridiculous this is.

When people complain about pundits in the studio highlighting stuff just to cause controversy I’ve often thought it was nonsense, basically. I thought the FA were competent enough to pick things up themselves. But this is exactly what has happened here, there is absolutely not enough evidence for him to have been banned based on the Sky footage shown, but their pissy pants act at half time has managed to cause enough traction to panic the spineless FA into doing something. Let alone considering Allen says it didn’t happen and Johnson walks off the pitch with a hickey.

Absolutely ridiculous.

The Etebo challenge was a disgrace and deserves just as big a ban as Johnson received (if not two games more). Until the FA clamps down on challenges as much as they do somebody swearing or calling someone a name players will keep doing it and keep getting away with it.

Allen's reaction was a disgrace, he must have seen what his mate did and you don't defend things like that, even if your own team mate did it. As a player you know what he's done, you can't defend it.  I also saw the mark on Bradley's neck which I assume has either come from a girly scratch or another bite. How Allen has got away with it I don't know. The ref should have sent all three of them off in the same incident. He saw everything.

Johnson's reaction is so out of order it's not true. He's got away with it lightly. I don't care if it's "only his shirt" - highly unlikely. What kind of person thinks biting in those, in fact ANY circumstances is any kind of natural, normal reaction. Outside of the horrible cowardly challenges you occasionally see, it's the lowest of the low, spitting in someone's face is the only thing that even comes close to that kind of disgusting behaviour on the pitch. You're any kind of decent person, you just don't do it.

If it's a player of any other club everyone would be rightfully hammering the bloke who did it.

Sky are shithouses who "police" the game by camera but do you really think it's an attack on Derby? Any player at any club does that and gets caught and Sky would be doing exactly the same thing.  

Some things are indefensible. This is one of those instances I'm afraid. What the hell was he thinking?

The Club’s official statement on the ban includes:

“Derby County does not expect, nor condone, any of its players to behave in the manner witnessed in the incident on Wednesday evening.

The club will be conducting its own internal disciplinary hearing in relation to the matter and as such will make no further comment.”

That may be a perfectly measured initial response, but I would expect if they thought there was a case to defend Johnson here it would have been made a bit more emphatically yesterday.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

... What the hell was he thinking?

I'm not convinced there was a whole lot of "thinking" going on at that stage!  It was purely "reactionary"... and no, I'm not defending such a reaction.

Many years ago, (schooldays) I too was held in a vice-like headlock, albeit at waist height.  With only one hand/arm free to use productively, and a pair of betrousered testicles within close proximity, I reacted in a way that seemed perfectly natural at the time, and grabbed them with all the might I could muster!  OK, I took some stick for not fighting fair... for fighting like a girl... but my voice was still a lot deeper than his for a good few weeks!  

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

The whole thing was caused by a diabolical tackle on Richard Keogh .

Enough said. 

it's not enough said Curtains. Whatever/whoever started it. You can't condone or defend it,  surely?

What Allen should have done is go and grab his mate who made the challenge. Push him away, tell him what a poo thing he's just done. Be angry with him. If he does that, the Derby lads don't need to.

If I'm captain and one of my team mates does that, it wouldn't take Bradley Johnson to come storming over, I'd be the first one there. Protecting him but making it very clear he was a twit.

What Joe Allen did was wrong. He should have been sent off.

Bradley has broken a rule that everyone in any professional sport knows. You don't bite. You can't ever bite.

You only need to look at the uproar and outrage caused by every other biting incident in sport the world over. Four games? Five games?

Not enough.

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

it's not enough said Curtains. Whatever/whoever started it. You can't condone or defend it,  surely?

What Allen should have done is go and grab his mate who made the challenge. Push him away, tell him what a poo thing he's just done. Be angry with him. If he does that, the Derby lads don't need to.

If I'm captain and one of my team mates does that, it wouldn't take Bradley Johnson to come storming over, I'd be the first one there. Protecting him but making it very clear he was a twit.

What Joe Allen did was wrong. He should have been sent off.

Bradley has broken a rule that everyone in any professional sport knows. You don't bite. You can't ever bite.

You only need to look at the uproar and outrage caused by every other biting incident in sport the world over. Four games? Five games?

Not enough.

Watch Johnson ask Allen what was you doing afterwards .

Allen clearly runs and grabs Johnson around the neck and Johnson is caught unawares  

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not convinced there was a whole lot of "thinking" going on at that stage!  It was purely "reactionary"... and no, I'm not defending such a reaction.

Many years ago, (schooldays) I too was held in a vice-like headlock, albeit at waist height.  With only one hand/arm free to use productively, and a pair of betrousered testicles within close proximity, I reacted in a way that seemed perfectly natural at the time, and grabbed them with all the might I could muster!  OK, I took some stick for not fighting fair... for fighting like a girl... but my voice was still a lot deeper than his for a good few weeks!  

Similar story, some random idiot attacked me in the same way out in Derby, the only choice we’ll at least quickest was to grab him by the hair which produced the required response.  All he could say was that I fought like a girl.

i am staggered how many fans want to jump on the ban BJ wagon.  It was an unprovoked assault by a coward, who has got away with it.  I suppose all these critics would in a similar situation not react and have a good discussion with the attacker until they worked out their differences.  Once again we are harshly and unfairly treated

Archived