Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Not been a great few weeks for us has it? 3 really bad injuries, a fair few smaller ones and now throw into the mix Johnson's suspension. And we still haven't heard if Keogh is fully fit, because he certainly didn't look it for the rest of the game after that challenge

Worst challenge I’ve seen for years. 

Big learning curve the last three matches for Frankie. Wrong tactics/formation lead to a hammering by Villa and wrong lineup lead to a loss against Stoke. Hopefully he will stick to playing our game and not the opposition's from here on out and take the draws and minor loses when they naturally occurring in a tough league. 

Now hang on a second, Johnson got a yellow card at the time so the referee must have clearly seen the incident, are The FA saying that the referee didn't see it or that his decision was wrong? If so, maybe they can review the whole game and explain why Allen was not given a second yellow for kicking the ball away too?

It seems that the panel hasn’t judged yet and although it was all very silly I wonder what credibility the league will have considering Stoke or their player don’t want to make anything of it. " 

( PS cheers to Joe Allen for being a sportsman - something the authorities need to encourage rather than bang their tin drums. Why of why are “authorities” run by petty little men ?  Johnson was an ass, got a yellow card, deserved it as did Allen. In the absence of any other complaint the “authorities” need to start acting like sportsmen themselves ! ) GRRRRRR 

So where is the violent conduct charge for Joe Allen then?!

ducking joke! Double standards, the guy who starts the whole incident and put Bradley in a headlock and did something to him judging by the mark Bradley had on his neck gets away Scott free!

And Etebo only gets a 3 game ban!!

Classic FA. ducking clueless!

If I was in any position of power at Derby I would say to the FA yes, we accept the charge and punishment but they need to look very carefully at Joe Allen’s behaviour in the incident. The camera can see the initial shove in the back, the most cowardly of moves in my opinion then he grabs Johnson round the neck and pulls him into a grapple. Unfortunately the camera doesn’t see what Allen is doing to Johnson’s neck area as Johnson head is shielding him. For all we know he could be biting Johnson and he’s retaliated, which he’s clearly been goaded into by his reaction, which I am not condoning in any way, it was a foolish move  but maybe understandable on his part. I think Allen is  playing it down because he doesn’t want to risk an investigation for his own actions. Doesn’t violent conduct include shoving in the back and grabbing players round the neck? It seems not at the moment

He has quite clearly been an idiot in the incident and a four match ban could be a blessing in disguise. He had a decent run in the first team earlier in the season, but he showed against Stoke why we shouldn't entertain renewing his contract - even at half the price it's still three times more than his worth. He's the very definition of a clogger. 

Evans & Bird could well be utilised in that position. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He has quite clearly been an idiot in the incident and a four match ban could be a blessing in disguise. He had a decent run in the first team earlier in the season, but he showed against Stoke why we shouldn't entertain renewing his contract - even at half the price it's still three times more than his worth. He's the very definition of a clogger. 

Evans & Bird could well be utilised in that position. 

This is not correct. 

He was just going to protest an awful leg breaking challenge on RK when he was pushed by JA. 

Get a grip man. 

Why have the instigators got away with it. 

He didn’t bite JA 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is not correct. 

He was just going to protest an awful leg breaking challenge on RK when he was pushed by JA. 

Get a grip man. 

How did he end up with his shirt in his mouth then? He's clearly gone to bite him at the very least. 

At the end of the day, if he gets banned we should be able to issue him with a big fine in order to claim some of those wages back. I'd rather have that than him be available for the next four games anyway. 

Archived