Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough and, as you say, everyone is entitled to their opinions. For my part, I find it very difficult to believe that, firstly Allen (although I accept there were others involved the tussle) could grip/nuzzle (by the way, I know you weren't the originator of the term) Bradley tight enough to cause him to effectively gasp for breath and then grit his teeth in pain. It just seems a very unlikely explanation/defence (hence the stabbing story - made in poor taste and should never have been made). 

With regard to Bradley's intent, I don't have to prove it was his intent as there is a "maybe" in there as a possible explanation. 

With regard to the ladies underwear, I can confirm that my wife didn't suffer any injuries as a result of your actions but, the authorities may choose to disregard her defence of you as our CCTV footage clearly shows you with her underwear in her teeth. 

I fully understand and appreciate your opinion and thoughts on the matter, Tammy.  In all honesty I'm not even certain what my opinion is.  I doubt we'll ever know the facts.  Some of us are just going to have to agree to disagree, as is often the case.

Your "maybe" was in reference to the bite, was it not?  My comment regarding proof was to your comment regarding intent, which in fairness you did say "it APPEARED the intent was there", so I'll give you that one!  I think we both know that there is only one person who knows the true answer regarding intent.

With regards to your CCTV coverage... How did I look?  Any good?  (It's always good to get feedback, for if I get invited round again!)

13 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Deserved his ban, irrespective of what Allen has done or said after.

But I don’t think you can completely isolate one from the other, really. If you don’t charge Allen, imo, you can’t charge Johnson. Johnson has only been harshly treated because Allen has got away with nothing, if you charge both I have absolutely no issue whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

But I don’t think you can completely isolate one from the other, really. If you don’t charge Allen, imo, you can’t charge Johnson. Johnson has only been harshly treated because Allen has got away with nothing, if you charge both I have absolutely no issue whatsoever.

What do you charge Allen with? Not denying he should get something...... but no denying BJ bites..... been dying to say that 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What do you charge Allen with? Not denying he should get something...... but no denying BJ bites..... been dying to say that 

Violent conduct as well I guess, very best case is Allen has left a lovely finger mark on BJ’s neck, raised his hand, worst case is he was hungry as well. 

Just find it very strange that nothing seems to be mentioned about it.

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I fully understand and appreciate your opinion and thoughts on the matter, Tammy.  In all honesty I'm not even certain what my opinion is.  I doubt we'll ever know the facts.  Some of us are just going to have to agree to disagree, as is often the case.

Your "maybe" was in reference to the bite, was it not?  My comment regarding proof was to your comment regarding intent, which in fairness you did say "it APPEARED the intent was there", so I'll give you that one!  I think we both know that there is only one person who knows the true answer regarding intent.

With regards to your CCTV coverage... How did I look?  Any good?  (It's always good to get feedback, for if I get invited round again!)

Not your finest look I'm afraid. I may keep a copy to frighten the trick or treaters away next year. 

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's always a surprise when a BJ turns into a bite.

It's normally an involuntary action though, caused by gagging, and can be avoided by a well timed tap on the back of the head.

What causes water on the brain.  

Tap on the head.  

On 30/11/2018 at 12:10, Gaspode said:

Only thing I want Johnson to do is issue a public appolgy to us and the club for making us the laughing stock of football - and to instruct his agent to find somewhere else for him to carry on his neanderthal activites. - and I don't actually give a monkey's what Allen did to provoke him, biting is just unacceptable in a civilised world......

Even with fava beans and a nice chianti?

Fascinating to read all the different opinions but I'd just like to make a couple of points. Many years ago when I was young and a bit of a hot head I was told never to lash out with words or physically attack people. So I started venting my anger on a pillow and it worked a treat. Perhaps and it is a big perhaps Johnson bit the shirt in an attempt not to bite the person. Surely it is far worse to bite a person than a shirt. My second point is where is the evidence of an actual physical injury to Allen. I've not seen any photos of physical damage and I expect if both men were to strip off there might well be more physical damage to Johnson. I know loads of you will disagree but I find it very difficult to make it into a major event when Allen has provided absolutely no physical evidence of injury.

14 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

Fascinating to read all the different opinions but I'd just like to make a couple of points. Many years ago when I was young and a bit of a hot head I was told never to lash out with words or physically attack people. So I started venting my anger on a pillow and it worked a treat. Perhaps and it is a big perhaps Johnson bit the shirt in an attempt not to bite the person. Surely it is far worse to bite a person than a shirt. My second point is where is the evidence of an actual physical injury to Allen. I've not seen any photos of physical damage and I expect if both men were to strip off there might well be more physical damage to Johnson. I know loads of you will disagree but I find it very difficult to make it into a major event when Allen has provided absolutely no physical evidence of injury.

As I said....Is it an offence to bite an opponents shirt?

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As I said....Is it an offence to bite an opponents shirt?

You can get sent off for intent. If a player takes a swing at someone, he doesn't have to connect to receive a red card.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So the assumption is he was trying to bite Allen?

I think it's a reasonably logical assumption. It's a bit odd to just randomly chew someone's shirt, which is the alternative possibility.

Archived