Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

where is the criticism of you in that post Spanish?

Sometimes my assertiveness and checkered history is used as a cheap cop out against me.

Debate the post not the poster is what I was often told.

Calm down and read it again.

Which are you ron

E8ADE70F-076E-406B-BBD9-73F35AB05B84.jpeg

I've always been of the belief that the aggressor is as guilty as the retaliator unless we are talking murder or permanent disability. For the aggressor to get off without any punishment is an anathema to me. I don't condone any aggression and for this reason I feel somewhat sorry for Johnson. I just hope that when he returns we ALL support him. He will have served his punishment and have had his photo and the incident reported in national papers. He is one of our players and regardless of what we think we should move on and d support him for the benefit of the club

Interesting that a reference to a Scouser is made in this thread, reading through it I think some of our fans have nicked their mentality...blame Sky, blame the ref, blame the player who made the tackle anyone but the person who committed the offence, Bradley Johnson.

I hope some of you never get called up for Jury service, attempted murder, what’s that he is not dead, he said so himself and we have witnesses who say he isn’t, it doesn’t matter than he is on TV with the knife in his hand, that’s not conclusive as he didn’t mean to stab him.....if this was a stoke player who did what Johnson had the forum would be up in arms asking for a season long ban ?

9 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

I've always been of the belief that the aggressor is as guilty as the retaliator unless we are talking murder or permanent disability. For the aggressor to get off without any punishment is an anathema to me. I don't condone any aggression and for this reason I feel somewhat sorry for Johnson. I just hope that when he returns we ALL support him. He will have served his punishment and have had his photo and the incident reported in national papers. He is one of our players and regardless of what we think we should move on and d support him for the benefit of the club

I agree. It doesn't feel like 'justice' to me.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

So Allen deserves nothing. 

Is that correct !

Allen got a yellow for provocation if I am right ? 

There’s natural argy bargy in a contact sport .. he got penalised. Johnno went too far. Yes I think 5 games is a bit extreme but none the less it’s a different thing and breach of a different set of rules. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Allen got a yellow for provocation if I am right ? 

There’s natural argy bargy in a contact sport .. he got penalised. Johnno went too far. Yes I think 5 games is a bit extreme but none the less it’s a different thing and breach of a different set of rules. 

A yellow for trying to strangle someone after Etebo digressed 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you're clutching at straws a little there regarding a "nuzzle" causing the opening and then tightly closing of teeth.

what exactly is nuzzle anyway? And if it was so painful to cause the gritting of teeth as a natural reaction then that sounds almost like a bite itself.

Just accept it as guilty as charged. A shirt doesn't accidentally get caught in teeth and I don't buy this blocked airways and pain explanation. Sounds a bit like the excuse "I didn't stab him officer. He ran onto my knife. Three times. Backwards".

As for Allen saying he wasn't bitten, maybe he wasn't if Bradley didn't actually make contact with his body but the intent would appear to have been there. 

The term "nuzzle" was used as I was quoting a previous post by someone else, who had used that term... hence the inverted commas.

Without that term, I would probably have used a term along the lines of "vice-like grip".

I don't have to accept anything, as I haven't been charged.  Has BJ pleaded guilty/accepted the charges?  Last I read, he'd denied biting.  I've no idea whether that is an official response, whether it's a personal and/or club response, or indeed if that claim has now been rescinded?

Rightly or wrongly, I am led to believe that a very tight arm lock around the neck area can apparently cause pain and/or breathing problems.  I believe some people have been hurt in this manner, and I'm pretty certain it can occasionally be referred to as "strangulation"?

I can confirm that it is physically possible to trap material between the teeth, both deliberately and accidentally.  I have done both with ladies undergarments, but fortunately in both instances, the wearer* suffered no physical discomfort, and no flesh was ultimately bruised and/or broken.

I cannot see any similarity with such a "nuzzle"/"Grapple"/"vice-like grip"/"Coming together" (delete as preferred) to a stabbing incident, so I'll have to side-step that particular reference of yours, if I may?  Responding to it will almost certainly add to the confusion.

Unless you can claim/prove otherwise, I'd say at this stage that I suspect neither of us... and quite possibly everybody else contributing to this discussion... can make any claim of knowledge as to BJ's intent.

Opinions eh?  The bane of discussion forums!

*I thought it important (to me) to point out that said undergarments were being worn (by someone else) at the time, and that they were ladies undergarments, which will hopefully infer that the said wearer (or wearers!) were female! 

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Your right I'm only joking, noone would ever belive Bradley miscontrolled a football.

I realise now I should have just quoted the part of your post to which I was responding, as opposed to your entire post.  Consider it lesson learned on my part... and congratulations on dodging the question I raised... well batted, sir!   

... and now is neither the time or place to be discussing grammar and/or spelling.

I have one question, not sure if it has been pointed out yet or not, but what would have happened if the players were facing the other way, as in Allen was facing the cameras, with only the back of Johnson's head visible? Would the punishment be reversed and a 4 game ban for Allen? ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The term "nuzzle" was used as I was quoting a previous post by someone else, who had used that term... hence the inverted commas.

Without that term, I would probably have used a term along the lines of "vice-like grip".

I don't have to accept anything, as I haven't been charged.  Has BJ pleaded guilty/accepted the charges?  Last I read, he'd denied biting.  I've no idea whether that is an official response, whether it's a personal and/or club response, or indeed if that claim has now been rescinded?

Rightly or wrongly, I am led to believe that a very tight arm lock around the neck area can apparently cause pain and/or breathing problems.  I believe some people have been hurt in this manner, and I'm pretty certain it can occasionally be referred to as "strangulation"?

I can confirm that it is physically possible to trap material between the teeth, both deliberately and accidentally.  I have done both with ladies undergarments, but fortunately in both instances, the wearer* suffered no physical discomfort, and no flesh was ultimately bruised and/or broken.

I cannot see any similarity with such a "nuzzle"/"Grapple"/"vice-like grip"/"Coming together" (delete as preferred) to a stabbing incident, so I'll have to side-step that particular reference of yours, if I may?  Responding to it will almost certainly add to the confusion.

Unless you can claim/prove otherwise, I'd say at this stage that I suspect neither of us... and quite possibly everybody else contributing to this discussion... can make any claim of knowledge as to BJ's intent.

*I thought it important (to me) to point out that said undergarments were being worn (by someone else) at the time, and that they were ladies undergarments, which will hopefully infer that the said wearer (or wearers!) were female! 

I’m so confused, what has your bedroom antics got to do with a BJ bite / nuzzle ?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I have one question, not sure if it has been pointed out yet or not, but what would have happened if the players were facing the other way, as in Allen was facing the cameras, with only the back of Johnson's head visible? Would the punishment be reversed and a 4 game ban for Allen? ?‍♂️

If he was trying to bite him, then ifd probably say yes

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m so confused, what has your bedroom antics got to do with a BJ bite / nuzzle ?

No need for confusion.

It was to offer evidence/proof that it was indeed possible to accidentally (and deliberately, but that's by the by) grip someone's clothing 'twixt upper and lower teeth.

It was in direct response to the poster I was quoting/responding to, who was inferring otherwise.  Feel free to check back if you remain confused.

I concede, such an example was the only example I could offer from personal experience, so apologies if my comments caused offence/disgust/arousal.

Oh... and don't assume such "antics" are always confined to a bedroom... rightly or wrongly, that may come across as you being a little staid.

You're welcome.

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Fair enough and, as you say, everyone is entitled to their opinions. For my part, I find it very difficult to believe that, firstly Allen (although I accept there were others involved the tussle) could grip/nuzzle (by the way, I know you weren't the originator of the term) Bradley tight enough to cause him to effectively gasp for breath and then grit his teeth in pain. It just seems a very unlikely explanation/defence (hence the stabbing story - made in poor taste and should never have been made). 

With regard to Bradley's intent, I don't have to prove it was his intent as there is a "maybe" in there as a possible explanation. 

With regard to the ladies underwear, I can confirm that my wife didn't suffer any injuries as a result of your actions but, the authorities may choose to disregard her defence of you as our CCTV footage clearly shows you with her underwear in her teeth. 

On 30/11/2018 at 11:32, angieram said:

I agree with this comment. I am just wondering whether Bradley will take his punishment and keep his mouth shut, or try and take Allen down with him. I'd do the latter - Allen will be a much bigger miss for Stoke than Johnson will be for us (sorry Bradley!)

It seems unfair to me that Johnson gets the punishment because the camera angle is more clear of what he did than of what Allen did inside that bear hug.

I'm thinking the Sky behaviour towards us is more about the disputed EFL deal than about Lampard, to be honest.

Check mate @angieram. You have a forensic mind which I agree with. 

Archived