Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He should fight it.

Sometimes biting is an involuntary action, caused by pain or the need to exert yourself.

Who's to say Joe Allen didn't squeeze his balls say, which caused him to bite down involuntary?

As for Snake approaching the ref afterwards and asking him not to mention it in his report, nothing is more likely to see a ref mention it than that, as Snake well knows.

Nail on the head mate

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ha ha really .

You don’t believe in self defense then. 

Not in a professional football match, no. Not when the destiny of the match can rest on my actions. Not when thousands of supporters are banking on my team to perform, not when the result of the match and subsequent matches can be affected by my absence.

As I said in a different post, I'd have chinned him. But I am not a professional footballer. 

Those attempting to 'explain' Johnson's actions in terms of the behaviour of others or the context of the match are light-years wide of the mark. If he can't control himself (and he's got form), he's no good to his teammates, the club or to us.

48 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s not ‘he started it’ that’s the argument though, it’s someone getting blindsided in the heat of the moment. I’m not condoning biting, obviously but what do you do? Your mate could have a career ending injury, your 30 minutes into a heated game and someone pushes and tries to out you in a headlock from behind. Again I’m not condoning it but it’s easy to sit behind our computers and say he was daft.

exhibit A from the post I was responding to:

'This is ridiculous as JA started it...'

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not in a professional football match, no. Not when the destiny of the match can rest on my actions. Not when thousands of supporters are banking on my team to perform, not when the result of the match and subsequent matches can be affected by my absence.

As I said in a different post, I'd have chinned him. But I am not a professional footballer. 

Those attempting to 'explain' Johnson's actions in terms of the behaviour of others or the context of the match are light-years wide of the mark. If he can't control himself (and he's got form), he's no good to his teammates, the club or to us.

But at which bit does he control himself? The push from behind? The headlock? It’s ok writing that people are ‘light years’ away but in real time, with the context of everything in the build up then the control you ask for isn’t an easy thing.

Unless we are using this to take another swipe at a Derby player we dislike now?

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I guess you are a brad hater.  Are you saying that every professional football who gets hit from behind and then put in an headlock should remain passive?  If so we have very different views of how normal people react in stress situations

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I guess you are a brad hater.  Are you saying that every professional football who gets hit from behind and then put in an headlock should remain passive?  If so we have very different views of how normal people react in stress situations

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Because I think he behaved badly, I hate him. Passive? No. Bite? Yes, nobody should do that.

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

But at which bit does he control himself? The push from behind? The headlock? It’s ok writing that people are ‘light years’ away but in real time, with the context of everything in the build up then the control you ask for isn’t an easy thing.

Unless we are using this to take another swipe at a Derby player we dislike now?

Nobody says it's easy. He didn't control himself, so should face the consequences.

Whatever happens to Joe Allen is neither here nor there.

2 hours ago, jono said:

It seems that the panel hasn’t judged yet and although it was all very silly I wonder what credibility the league will have considering Stoke or their player don’t want to make anything of it. " 

( PS cheers to Joe Allen for being a sportsman - something the authorities need to encourage rather than bang their tin drums. Why of why are “authorities” run by petty little men ?  Johnson was an ass, got a yellow card, deserved it as did Allen. In the absence of any other complaint the “authorities” need to start acting like sportsmen themselves ! ) GRRRRRR 

...theyve got their blazers and ties to think of. Bradley ought to get Gordon Taylor involved. Oh on second thoughts...?

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Because I think he behaved badly, I hate him. Passive? No. Bite? Yes, nobody should do that.

No bite though.  Perhaps you are commenting in defence of shirts because he didn’t bite a person.

sorry andy but with friends like you Derby doesn’t need any enemies.  Sometimes we need to stand together but hey ho you don’t agree so continue as you feel fit

Would have been better if Johnson clouted Allen one like big dunc would have done back in the day.

Proper reason to get a ban. Hate all these girly scuffles.

To be fair to Johnson im glad he bit Allen, not because he’s banned, but it shows a bit of team spirt going to defend his team mate. In the past seasons we’ve been accused of being soft at least someone up for a scrap even if it does show a lack of discipline   

Just now, G-Ram said:

Would have been better if Johnson clouted Allen one like big dunc would have done back in the day.

To be fair to Johnson im glad he bit Allen, not because he’s banned, but it shows a bit of team spirt going to defend his team mate. In the past seasons we’ve been accused of being soft at least someone up for a scrap even if it does show a lack of discipline   

Never got a chance to defend himself though, Allen is a coward

Johnson should have been carded, and probably should get a ban for biting something, whatever it was he bit. But surely the FA should be asking what Joe Allen was doing charging across the pitch and clattering into the back of Johnson, then putting in a headlock. Oh and then doing something which resulted in a bite mark on Johnson's neck - come on, Bradley, point that out to them in your defence.

And as well as a second card for kicking the ball away, he should have an other one for pulling Marriott back to stop him breaking free and being in on goal. I know, the FA can't do that because the ref didn't deem either of those incidents to be an offence. Unless it was Darren Moore during our promotion season under the tenure of the poison dwarf. Then they can dish out a retrospective red card to derail our automatic promotion chances.

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Stand by my initial comments, he was assaulted no other way of describing the attack.  Do that in the street and you would get arrested

16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

No bite though.  Perhaps you are commenting in defence of shirts because he didn’t bite a person.

sorry andy but with friends like you Derby doesn’t need any enemies.  Sometimes we need to stand together but hey ho you don’t agree so continue as you feel fit

Bloody hell. Yes, I thought Johnson was in the wrong so I am actively working to undermine the club. Idiotic even by the standards of this forum.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Bloody hell. Yes, I thought Johnson was in the wrong so I am actively working to undermine the club. Idiotic even by the standards of this forum.

Well thanks for that, I have my own clear views of your comments but I will refrain from articulating them.  Yes I agree you are undermining the club, goodnight 

37 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nobody says it's easy. He didn't control himself, so should face the consequences.

Whatever happens to Joe Allen is neither here nor there.

To be honest keeping your head down, to not show movement, and keeping his arms still was pretty controlled you know, if we keep putting it in context. What happened with the bite is disputable until Derby decide what to do tomorrow. If he pleades guilty then you are correct, but most of the stuff we have seen is pretty inconclusive, when balanced up.

I don’t really care what happens to Joe Allen, I’ve never said anything should happen to him?

Archived