Johnson charged by FA RD

Curtains

22 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

it's not enough said Curtains. Whatever/whoever started it. You can't condone or defend it,  surely?

What Allen should have done is go and grab his mate who made the challenge. Push him away, tell him what a poo thing he's just done. Be angry with him. If he does that, the Derby lads don't need to.

If I'm captain and one of my team mates does that, it wouldn't take Bradley Johnson to come storming over, I'd be the first one there. Protecting him but making it very clear he was a twit.

What Joe Allen did was wrong. He should have been sent off.

Bradley has broken a rule that everyone in any professional sport knows. You don't bite. You can't ever bite.

You only need to look at the uproar and outrage caused by every other biting incident in sport the world over. Four games? Five games?

Not enough.

Kenny Burns did far worse. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Similar story, some random idiot attacked me in the same way out in Derby, the only choice we’ll at least quickest was to grab him by the hair which produced the required response.  All he could say was that I fought like a girl.

i am staggered how many fans want to jump on the ban BJ wagon.  It was an unprovoked assault by a coward, who has got away with it.  I suppose all these critics would in a similar situation not react and have a good discussion with the attacker until they worked out their differences.  Once again we are harshly and unfairly treated

It's a televised football game man. Not an unprovoked assault in the street where you may be fighting for your life as far as you're concerned, with the potential of no-one coming to your aid.

How bad is the unprovoked cowardly assault from Joe Allen going to get? ffs It's a televised football game, it's not like he's going to pull a shooter out on you is it, or be allowed to pummel you within an inch of your life before someone steps in.

Shove him, push him, do all the stuff manly footballers always do in these situations but bite him? Jesus Christ.

A cowardly challenge from Etebo, a disgraceful reaction from Joe Allen, especially as BJ was running towards the ref and not the player who made the tackle. Up to that point I'm fully behind Johnson, he's done nothing most other players wouldn't do,  but it's a truly disgusting reaction from BJ,

Drop the we are harshly and unfairly treated angle. It's too daft to laugh at. This isn't a personal/spiteful attack on Derby County football club.  It's a player being banned for biting.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

It's a televised football game man. Not an unprovoked assault in the street where you may be fighting for your life as far as you're concerned, with the potential of no-one coming to your aid.

How bad is the unprovoked cowardly assault from Joe Allen going to get? ffs It's a televised football game, it's not like he's going to pull a shooter out on you is it, or be allowed to pummel you within an inch of your life before someone steps in.

Shove him, push him, do all the stuff manly footballers always do in these situations but bite him? Jesus Christ.

A cowardly challenge from Etebo, a disgraceful reaction from Joe Allen, especially as BJ was running towards the ref and not the player who made the tackle. Up to that point I'm fully behind Johnson, he's done nothing most other players wouldn't do,  but it's a truly disgusting reaction from BJ,

Drop the we are harshly and unfairly treated angle. It's too daft to laugh at. This isn't a personal/spiteful attack on Derby County football club.  It's a player being banned for biting.

What would you do if someone grabbed you around the neck from behind in the heat of the moment then. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Complete idiot deserves that ban, and probably his wages fining as well. No place for that sort of thing In football, if someone has that sort of charectar I don’t want them playing for my club. 

Good job you weren’t in the last Millennium watching football with the likes of Larry Lloyd and Kenny Burns then. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

What would you do if someone grabbed you around the neck from behind in the heat of the moment then. 

If it's on a football pitch I'd do my best to get free, Possibly lash out and get myself sent off. I'd expect my mates to come to my aid and I'd expect the ref to deal with it. I'd certainly NEVER bite another player.

If it's on the streets at 2 o clock in the morning where the bloke (or the girl, these days there's equality in the strangest of places) I'd do my best to kick him in the nuts but I'd also expect to get an absolute pasting, there are some nasty bar stewards out there and if someone has grabbed my neck, I'd fear they wanted to beat me up badly.

Not something anyone would allow on a football pitch in front of thousands.

Your last few posts are back to the bizarre. Highlights of the game, Kenny Burns did much worse, what on earth are you going on about?

Are you honestly saying biting is ok?

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

A good point but rules is rules and he crossed a line.

most of us learned in playgrounds long ago that using your teeth in a squabble or fight is the biggest no no. Kicking goolies or hitting a man when he’s down ... same thing 

i like Johnson, I think he is a decent bloke but he lost control and has to suffer the consequences. I reckon he knows it too. As does Joe Allen which is why he has tried to defuse the whole situation. 

You blast past a knob in your car and get done speed camera. You had reasons but you had it coming 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ll ask you the same question did he bite him or was he nuzzling in .

Have you got proof. 

Kenny Burns was no angel mate. .

I don't give a poo about Kenny Burns, you're living in the past. What on earth has this got to do with Kenny Burns, he retired 30 years ago.

The game has moved on and rightly, It's called progress mate.

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

I don't give a poo about Kenny Burns, you're living in the past. What on earth has this got to do with Kenny Burns, he retired 30 years ago.

The game has moved on and rightly, It's called progress mate.

Yes it has 

Derby vs Forest which team are you supporting lol. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

A good point but rules is rules and he crossed a line.

most of us learned in playgrounds long ago that using your teeth in a squabble or fight is the biggest no no. Kicking goolies or hitting a man when he’s down ... same thing 

i like Johnson, I think he is a decent bloke but he lost control and has to suffer the consequences. I reckon he knows it too. As does Joe Allen which is why he has tried to defuse the whole situation. 

You blast past a knob in your car and get done speed camera. You had reasons but you had it coming 

So Allen deserves nothing. 

Is that correct !

Probably already been said.... but to me, it looks as if Allen has grabbed Johnson by his neck and pulled him in. Not saying it’s an excuse or anything, but perhaps Johnson couldn’t do anything else but bite to get out of it. On the other hand though, Joe Allen has come out and said Johnson hasn’t even done anything. Think you also need to take into account the anger and adrenaline he was feeling. Not saying it’s good to bite anything but just trying to show alternatives as to why he may have done it 

Archived