V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

Feel a bit flat. 7 from 9 is fantastic. The lads worked hard and played some great stuff. You can see that we have more to come in consistency .. we are a growing entity. I suppose it was after that first 20 mins I was so full of joyful anticipation that over expectancy took a hold and we ended up with a well earned gritty away point rather than a re run of Wednesday. I must remember to curb my spoiled child instincts ? 

do we want Leeds pegged back or forest catching us . Think i’d like to see a draw there ? 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Duracell said:

If that’s true, that’s a sign of inexperience from Duracell, making comments before having the full facts in front of him. Disappointing.

Expect better from one of the more established posters on the forum. 

If he carries on this way we'll see a @Duracell as always got a mistake in him thread appearing

1 minute ago, jono said:

Feel a bit flat. 7 from 9 is fantastic. The lads worked hard and played some great stuff. You can see that we have more to come in consistency .. we are a growing entity. I suppose it was after that first 20 mins I was so full of joyful anticipation that over expectancy took a hold and we ended up with a well earned gritty away point rather than a re run of Wednesday. I must remember to curb my spoiled child instincts ? 

do we want Leeds pegged back or forest catching us . Think i’d like to see a draw there ? 

I think an awful 0-0 draw. Key players for each side being sent off for spitting and getting lengthy bans..

Shame to feel so disapointed with a solid point away at Middlesbrough

Thought first half was really good and some of the football was brilliant.

The "football" they play is horrible but effective, you could see if they kept getting balls into the box they had a chance, defending is probably not our strong point.

Feel sorry for Jaden Bogle and its just one of those things, however he has been a bit of a weak link in the last few games , maybe he just needs taking out for a few games.

I'm determined to get over the disappointment I'm currently feeling, in a matter of minutes.

I'd prefer to rejoice in:

A good point at Boro, which over the 90mins (not just the first 30) was totally just and fair, imo. 

An absolutely excellent (and fully deserved) 7 points from the last 9, particularly considering the opposition, and our hopes/expectations this time last week.

Football to make your genitals swell.

A "great season so far".

The emergence of young talent coming through... yes, that includes you, young Bogle.  You have done us proud thus far, so keep your head up, young man!

Our rookie manager and staff seemingly doing "better than expected, so early".

Continuing to stay one step (at the very least) ahead of the treetards, as we have for a number of years now (gap... mind it!)

Making yet another good fist at challenging for play-offs, despite all the recent disappointments, and a slight lowering of expectations in the summer.

Actually looking forward to going to the games again, instead of occasionally leaving my ST in the kitchen drawer, and "not bothering as it's a bit cold, and I've been at work all day"... blah, blah, blah! 

Not being one bit afraid of us having to visit Stamford Bridge next week.  (Any pressure is on them, not us!)

Seemingly having a squad big enough, solid enough, and talented enough, to not make you nervous when considering potential upcoming injuries/fatigue/suspensions/fall in form etc.

Last Saturday was very good indeed.  Wednesday was bloody fantastic.  The first half hour today was absolutely unbelievably eye wateringly astounding.

Did I mention... I think my genitals have swollen.

UTR.

Good start. Loads of opportunities but couldn't quite get the second goal, and unfortunately we do need a second goal atm as we seem to concede one every game.

after boro switched to a back four, it was a different game and we had to battle hard.

nuge had a sitter to win it. 

I was expecting to see davies on for the last ten, but boro well deserved their point. 

Damn.

left feeling disappointed but 7 from 9 is a great return.

1-1 away to Boro, there are worse results than that. It was probably the fair result as we failed to take our chances to take the game away from them!

Still can’t stand Pullis football, it must be some destroying for the Boro fans.

7 from those possible 9 in a week, who wouldn’t have taken that this time last week. 

What a week pissed off today [not with the team] as we could have won that .Their goalie saved their ass whilst Carson barely had a shot to save .

To be a bit disappointed shows how far we have come in terms of a footballing side ,if we could play for 90 minutes how we played in the first 20 we would excel in the Prem never mind the Championship.

Very pleased and proud of my football club at the present time . 

Bogle made a huge error...but its that risk-reward again.

Wisdom may not have made it and he would generally have competed better in the air.

However  ..this season he has looked cumbersome and unable to flourush with the way we are trying to play. He would fit perfectly into Boro on the evidence of the season so far. So that's the risk you take. We go for touch, ability to take the ball on tight spaces, pass and move.

Real shame Wisdom has not kicked on since his first loan...hope he can start to put  pressure on Bogle and earn a start...not get in on the back of a mistake.

46 minutes ago, Jayram said:

How the duck are utter poo like Boro now top of the league after that? They are the worst example of anti-football in the league, worse even than Rowetts crap. Feel sorry for the Boro fans having to watch that every week. Still 7 points out of 9 this week and we know our team are better on their day than anyone in this league. Proud of the boys - onwards and upwards!

Its not the same at all. Rowetball was poo because we sat back and gave up even trying to play. Boro attempt to attack but do so in a very direct matter. Ultimately that flint header into the box got them a point. 

7 points is a great tally from the fixtures we played. We should have won today, but the performance was certainly encouraging. Parts of that first half were the best I've seen us play in a long time. I hope Bogle keeps his head up, since other than that mistake he was very good. On to Chelsea! 

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm determined to get over the disappointment I'm currently feeling, in a matter of minutes.

I'd prefer to rejoice in:

A good point at Boro, which over the 90mins (not just the first 30) was totally just and fair, imo. 

An absolutely excellent (and fully deserved) 7 points from the last 9, particularly considering the opposition, and our hopes/expectations this time last week.

A "great season so far".

The emergence of young talent coming through... yes, that includes you, young Bogle.  You have done us proud thus far, so keep your head up, young man!

Our rookie manager and staff seemingly doing "better than expected, so early".

Continuing to stay one step (at the very least) ahead of the treetards, as we have for a number of years now (gap... mind it!)

Making yet another good fist at challenging for play-offs, despite all the recent disappointments, and a slight lowering of expectations in the summer.

Actually looking forward to going to the games again, instead of occasionally leaving my ST in the kitchen drawer, and "not bothering as it's a bit cold, and I've been at work all day"... blah, blah, blah! 

Not being one bit afraid of us having to visit Stamford Bridge next week.  (Any pressure is on them, not us!)

Seemingly having a squad big enough, solid enough, and talented enough, to not make you nervous when considering potential upcoming injuries/fatigue/suspensions/fall in form etc.

Last Saturday was very good indeed.  Wednesday was bloody fantastic.  The first half hour today was absolutely unbelievably eye wateringly astounding.

Did I mention... I think my genitals have swollen.

UTR.

You may need to visit the Dr Mucker1884. I'm really impressed with the football but my genitals are fine ?

28 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Never mind lad - all part of the learning curve.

The senior pros like @David and @Boycie should put an arm round you and encourage you to rediscover your form and reach the same levels of nonsense that you managed earlier in the season.

?

Always got a mistake in him.

We had the better of the game while Boro played five at the back. When they changed to a back four, while still not causing us to many problems in front of goal, they had more of the ball in midfield. Thus stopping our movement when going forward. Which is a little worrying when we play teams that play four at the back from the start.

Archived