V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Said it after the blackburn game and will say it again, this season is for transition, implementing a style and introducing youngsters

Next season is the season where I expect a challenge. Still not getting too bothered about pts, fixxtures ect. Just want to see improvement, bravery, style

Next season we won’t have Mount, Wilson or Tomori. Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone, Bryson and co will be another year into their 30s. There’s also no stand out team in this league this year. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Why is everyone saying bogle will learn and move on? That was Carson’s every day of the week. Carson seriously let down his team mate there. 

So gutted we lost that game. 

Carson was clearly affected by the challenge a minute before. If that situation happens 5 mins before or later, Carson claims it.

Boro actually make Rowettball seem exciting.

Unfortunately that will probably reward them with a top two finish at the end of the season.

We were superb again first 30 minutes. So pleased with us on the ball. Shame Nugent didn't put that chance away. Carson not to blame for Bogle slicing the ball into our net, our defence/keeper's understanding is clearly that Carson stay's at home and the defence deal with things, a change to that midway through a game would be potentially disasterous.

7/9 for those games is nowt to be sniffed at. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Next season we won’t have Mount, Wilson or Tomori. Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone, Bryson and co will be another year into their 30s. There’s also no stand out team in this league this year. 

We will have more room to bring in players, and more good loan players will come to us from big clubs as we get known more and more for good football.

Next season will be even better. This isnt a do or die season

Considering form and time between games, I’m not sure we’ll have a tougher run this season.

I’d have been happy to come out of it unbeaten so I’m not going to grumble at 7 points out of 9.

That we’re disappointed at not taking maximum points is an encouraging sign. Some of the football building up to the goal and immediately after was as good as you’ll see and I think after our performances over the last week we’ve shown ourselves to be genuine contenders.

Hopefully there will be plenty of people putting an arm around Bogle’s shoulder. A really poor error but it could happen to anyone and it would be be a shame to see it ruin his development 

Tomori’s inexperience really showed with his reaction to Bogle’s own goal.

His head on his hands, staring at his team-mate, looking crestfallen. Seasoned pro would surprise his frustration and a leader would reassure straight away.

Bit disappointing that Tomori missed an opportunity to move on in his post match interview. He said it was a shame to concede in that manner. I’m sure he didn’t mean it in a “it’s a shame Jayden did that stupid thing” way but it could be taken that way if you say things like that.

I’m sure someone will have a word with him about it.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Tomori’s inexperience really showed with his reaction to Bogle’s own goal.

His head on his hands, staring at his team-mate, looking crestfallen. Seasoned pro would surprise his frustration and a leader would reassure straight away.

Bit disappointing that Tomori missed an opportunity to move on in his post match interview. He said it was a shame to concede in that manner. I’m sure he didn’t mean it in a “it’s a shame Jayden did that stupid thing” way but it could be taken that way if you say things like that.

I’m sure someone will have a word with him about it.

I thought I saw Tomori go up to Bogle straight after and have a word to encourage him. May be mistaken though.

Just now, £2millionHaHa(1967Ram) said:

I thought I saw Tomori go up to Bogle straight after and have a word to encourage him. May be mistaken though.

If that’s true, that’s a sign of inexperience from Duracell, making comments before having the full facts in front of him. Disappointing.

Very good performance. Should probably have had three points but a point away at Boro is a good point and to be fair to them they never gave up. It's a shame we didn't get a second to kill the game off. What I'd like to see us do now is start getting some clean sheets.

Archived