V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chance for Nuge, free with time from 4 yards out, but straight at the keeper. Vital. 

Then Aiden Flint offside clatters Carson but they get a corner instead of our freekick. Vital. 

Carson hasn't recovered but doesn't take enough time. He can't come for a ball he'd normally gather. Bogle should go left foot but slashes it into the corner of our net with his right. 

I am so fed up. 

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Great chance for Nuge, free with time from 4 yards out, but straight at the keeper. Vital. 

Then Aiden Flint offside clatters Carson but they get a corner instead of our freekick. Vital. 

Carson hasn't recovered but doesn't take enough time. He can't come for a ball he'd normally gather. Bogle should go left foot but slashes it into the corner of our net with his right. 

I am so fed up. 

Flint was also way offside before he clatters Carson. Disappointing from the ref.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Bogle are you playing for boro or something Jesus H

I’ve thought he has had some poor games but until the goal thought he was playing well today. Unfair criticism to be honest, if we score one of the other chances we should’ve then it doesn’t matter. Can’t just blame Bogle for not winning the game.

Just now, Waffle said:

I am really unimpressed by Waghorn. He can only play the way he is facing and for such a big guy goes down so easily. I really think he’s a square peg in a round hole

His tracking back has been excellent overall. He is a bit of a square peg, but I think he's played well

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

We stopped playing.. lost confidence.

Take a point 

Don't think it's losing confidence. Fatigue affects decision making as well as physical ability - these players are coming to the end of a huge, draining week.

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Don’t think Flint touched it though so doesn’t matter.

If you're competing for it, you're offside. You don't have to touch it.

The only way to avoid being given offside when near the ball is to move away from it.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

They've hardly battered us though. Just hoof and hope.

I dont disagree. Dont get me wrong i will take a point if we can get it and that first half hour is as good as ive seen us play, but weve struggled since they changed formation. Looking tired as well (understandably)

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

I’ve thought he has had some poor games but until the goal thought he was playing well today. Unfair criticism to be honest, if we score one of the other chances we should’ve then it doesn’t matter. Can’t just blame Bogle for not winning the game.

Worst game he’s played for us for me, even before that mistake, but yes Nugent should have buried that chance

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

His tracking back has been excellent overall. He is a bit of a square peg, but I think he's played well

To be fair he’s putting a shift in as he always does. But he’s being played well out of position. He’s a thru-the-middle striker. And he’s very good at that.

Archived