V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I said that! ?

Oh well. Clearly a game too far. We dug in and were really unlucky to only take a point. Great determination and character. Thought Harry Wilson was going to win it with that freekick, or the rebound at the end. 

We move on. It's a marathon not a sprint. It's been a good week. 

And not ony that, Flint was offside. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a week though. Over the 3 games how much excellent football have we played. Nearly 3 hours? 

7 goals and points against 3 strong sides. 

I kind of wish we could rest now. The pace of our game is going to be hard to maintain.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I said that! ?

Oh well. Clearly a game too far. We dug in and were really unlucky to only take a point. Great determination and character. Thought Harry Wilson was going to win it with that freekick, or the rebound at the end. 

We move on. It's a marathon not a sprint. It's been a good week. 

Haha. Sorry, had to get up at 4am to watch that. Back to bed now!

Just now, Alpha said:

What a week though. Over the 3 games how much excellent football have we played. Nearly 3 hours? 

I kind of wish we could rest now. The pace of our game is going to be hard to maintain.

Our season will be defined by what the players who aren’t playing now can do when first choicers get injured/knackered.

How the duck are utter poo like Boro now top of the league after that? They are the worst example of anti-football in the league, worse even than Rowetts crap. Feel sorry for the Boro fans having to watch that every week. Still 7 points out of 9 this week and we know our team are better on their day than anyone in this league. Proud of the boys - onwards and upwards!

I couldn’t watch it, but I’ve read the comments and seen the equaliser. So frustrating, in reality it’s been a fantastic week for us although the manner of the draw may not make it seem that way.

This week has still renewed confidence, made teams fear us and injected a lot of excitement for the rest of the season. I know who I’d rather be out of Derby and Boro...

Back to back home games to come in the league, top of the league by mid-November don’t worry.

And head up Jayden, fantastic talent, having a great first season in the first team.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If you're competing for it, you're offside. You don't have to touch it.

The only way to avoid being given offside when near the ball is to move away from it.

Ah, I feel like they change the technicalities of the offside rule every couple of years. Shouldn’t have been a goal then

Said it after the blackburn game and will say it again, this season is for transition, implementing a style and introducing youngsters

Next season is the season where I expect a challenge. Still not getting too bothered about pts, fixxtures ect. Just want to see improvement, bravery, style

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I would have taken 7 points this time last week. I think I’d have taken 6 or even 4 looking at the sides we have played. We need to be picking up points against the Boltons and Rotherhams.

Archived