V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

This could backfire massively, especially against a West Brom side that scores goals for fun. The lineup is far too attacking, very uncomfortable with malone playing as well. 

Rather give it a go.

Scott malone hasn’t really done anything wrong when he’s played either. Got Motm last time he played 

Our best lineup right now IMO. Wilson was brilliant when moved centrally against Southampton in Pre season and was waiting for Lamps to do it ever since when Bryson has not been at his best some games. Could have seen Johnson in for Huddlestone to add some bite in midfield but hopefully we have enough control in the game. COYR

Get Waghorn and Marriott pressing Kyle Bartley and he'll give you a goal for sure.

He's like a rabbit in headlights and without doubt WBA's weakest link.

I'd have a couple of quid on him either gifting a goal or getting sent off.

A win tonight would send a big message. A point would be decent.

Guys on sky have just covered it, but this team comes straight from how we countered Sheff Utd's three at the back.

Press man for man against three defenders, pulling the wing backs back allowing Malone and bogle to come forward.

Could leave us exposed but could prevent West Brom from playing how they want.

38 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

This could backfire massively, especially against a West Brom side that scores goals for fun. The lineup is far too attacking, very uncomfortable with malone playing as well. 

I think Frank's strategy tonight can be summed up as.. The best form of defence is offence. 

The idea being to keep their wingbacks busy with Malone and Bogle pushing on so they can't play their own game. 

Should be fun finding out if it works! 

2 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Guys on sky have just covered it, but this team comes straight from how we countered Sheff Utd's three at the back.

Press man for man against three defenders, pulling the wing backs back allowing Malone and bogle to come forward.

Could leave us exposed but could prevent West Brom from playing how they want.

Very good analysis that by sky tbf, you can see the idea behind what we’ve done and the vulnerability’s 

I like this. Not sure if it is a winning team, but l love the fact we are going to WBA and saying you attack us if you like but we will attack you back.  I love my sofa, and will enjoy Sky’s coverage, but tonight l would definitely swap places for 95 minutes standing in the cold in Brum, and a 6 hour round trip. COYR!!

Archived