V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Half terms the big selling point here aswell for anyone who goes with the kids . 

Exactly, it’s worked out perfectly for that..... yet you’ve got the usual debate why there’s so many “glory hunters” going to Chelsea that didn’t go to Oldham or Hull....

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think there’s much of a basis for criticising our away support.

Leeds’ away support is historically fantastic, but it hasn’t got them any closer to promotion in 14 years. They must take a lot of pride from it and wear it like a badge of honour, chanting ‘You’ve only come to see the Leeds’ and feeling superior, as they take 7,000 here and 5,000 there. But they are still in the Championship and going nowhere fast, so who are the real winners when the likes of Bournemouth and Huddersfield pass them by year after year?

Ours I think is normal in the current financial climate and especially so given we have been stranded in the Championship for ten years. The appetite for £50 day outs must be wearing thin, especially when we are usually poor away from home. 1 point from trips to Millwall, Rotherham, QPR and Bolton is hardly going to encourage anyone. Too right people will pick and choose their games.

It’s not 2006-07. It’s not 2013-14. A midweek cup tie against a top four Premier League club is always going to whet the appetite more than a regular league game.

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Leeds’ away support is historically fantastic, but it hasn’t got them any closer to promotion in 14 years. They must take a lot of pride from it and wear it like a badge of honour, chanting ‘You’ve only come to see the Leeds’ and feeling superior, as they take 7,000 here and 5,000 there. But they are still in the Championship and going nowhere fast, so who are the real winners when the likes of Bournemouth and Huddersfield pass them by year after year?

Ours I think is normal in the current financial climate and especially so given we have been stranded in the Championship for ten years. The appetite for £50 day outs must be wearing thin, especially when we are usually poor away from home. 1 point from trips to Millwall, Rotherham, QPR and Bolton is hardly going to encourage anyone. Too right people will pick and choose their games.

It’s not 2006-07. It’s not 2013-14. A midweek cup tie against a top four Premier League club is always going to whet the appetite more than a regular league game.

Depends whether you go to watch Derby win games, or watch the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Full Screw said:

Hi 

New user having become disillusioned with ja606.

Is Frank tough enough to drop Keogh for this one, will he try 3 at the back to try and accommodate all three centre backs.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Why would Keogh be dropped Davies? The more natural cchange would seem to be to drop Tomori if that was the case?

Hi 

New user having become disillusioned with ja606.

Is Frank tough enough to drop Keogh for this one, will he try 3 at the back to try and accommodate all three centre backs.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Why would Keogh be dropped Davies? The more natural cchange would seem to be to drop Tomori if that was the case?

Davies is fit now and it will be a tough call on Keogh but if it’s Between the three of them then I think Keogh will be the one to miss out.

Tomori’s speed got us out of trouble more than once on Saturday and against Gayle we’ll need him. Which leaves Keogh or Davies and I think Curtis nicks it for me.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Numbers no. Thugs yes.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Tyrone mears started for them on Saturday unfortunately for us Matt Phillips is back fit so he’s likely to start 

No way! My word he had some terrible games. I'll never forget away against Palace in the promotion season when he so failed to understand the job of a fullback he kept ending up on the wrong side of the pitch tracking his winger, leaving our right flank totally exposed. And when the cowd were giving him the bird he walked off the pitch in a huff. You don't normally want to come up against ex players, but I'd love it in his case.

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

No way! My word he had some terrible games. I'll never forget away against Palace in the promotion season when he so failed to understand the job of a fullback he kept ending up on the wrong side of the pitch tracking his winger, leaving our right flank totally exposed. And when the cowd were giving him the bird he walked off the pitch in a huff. You don't normally want to come up against ex players, but I'd love it in his case.

Im sure if he starts he will see it as a window of opportunity 

With results going our way tonight with  Sheffield  united and Boro drawing it's a great opportunity for us to get 3 points tomorrow night and move 2 points off top ,west brom are beatable as Saturday shows and if Rotherham can go to Boro and get a point we should be able to have a chance of going there and getting something.

Archived