V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

Amazing that Stoke are 17th and yet only 4 pts behind us.

It’s a mental league this year and any team which can string a few back-to-back wins together regularly stand a real chance of promotion. Just a bit of consistency of result required by us.....

A draw against WBA would be a decent start.,,, ditto against Boro...

COYR ?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Amazing that Stoke are 17th and yet only 4 pts behind us.

It’s a mental league this year and any team which can string a few back-to-back wins together regularly stand a real chance of promotion. Just a bit of consistency of result required by us.....

A draw against WBA would be a decent start.,,, ditto against Boro...

COYR ?

7 points beyond us tomorrow night once we have played the same amount of games,  after tonight's results I would be slightly disappointed with a draw as it has given us a real chance to make some ground on the top 2 if we win our next 2 games we will probably be 2nd after an indifferent start up until Saturday and excluding the Man U result.

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

7 points beyond us tomorrow night once we have played the same amount of games,  after tonight's results I would be slightly disappointed with a draw as it has given us a real chance to make some ground on the top 2 if we win our next 2 games we will probably be 2nd after an indifferent start up until Saturday and excluding the Man U result.

IF we win our next two games we will be top at least until 3pm on Saturday ?

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Numbers no. Thugs yes.

I suppose we do have some unsavoury characters amongst our fan base.

It was shocking to hear what happened at Rotherham.

I think the worst I ever saw was when we lost 6-1 at Coventry under Phil Brown and fans were clashing in the stand behind the goal.

But no-one ever threw a chair...maybe we’ve become entitled after 5 years of top 10 finishes?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I suppose we do have some unsavoury characters amongst our fan base.

It was shocking to hear what happened at Rotherham.

I think the worst I ever saw was when we lost 6-1 at Coventry under Phil Brown and fans were clashing in the stand behind the goal.

But no-one ever threw a chair...maybe we’ve become entitled after 5 years of top 10 finishes?

The last away match I went to I was threatened with assault by one of our own fans before the game. He apologised afterwards but it finished me.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

The last away match I went to I was threatened with assault by one of our own fans before the game. He apologised afterwards but it finished me.

I am sorry to hear that, Eddie. Totally unprovoked too, I’d imagine.

I haven’t been to an away game for 6 years.

It’s a shame to hear that these incidents are more and more prevalent now.

Odd really - you’d think our relative success at this level in recent years would have united the fanbase and made them calmer.

If there was football to turn fans against each other and make them rip their hair and their chairs out, Phil Brown’s football was it.

45 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

IF we win our next two games we will be top at least until 3pm on Saturday ?

yes I forgot we play before everyone else, I expect Sheffield United to win on Saturday against Wigan so I was thinking more about after everyone else has played. To be honest 2 draws would be decent as long as we beat Birmingham in the game afterwards but I think it is an opportunity to get to the top of the League  and if we play at our best we will have  a chance of winning both games.

7 hours ago, Full Screw said:

Hi 

New user having become disillusioned with ja606.

Is Frank tough enough to drop Keogh for this one, will he try 3 at the back to try and accommodate all three centre backs.

Davies is fit now and it will be a tough call on Keogh but if it’s Between the three of them then I think Keogh will be the one to miss out.

Tomori’s speed got us out of trouble more than once on Saturday and against Gayle we’ll need him. Which leaves Keogh or Davies and I think Curtis nicks it for me.

Despite keogh playing a blinder v sheff utd?

even when we brought 3 central defenders on, he was moving from right side CB to snuff out danger at left side CB 

Id be amazed if keogh was dropped

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Despite keogh playing a blinder v sheff utd?

even when we brought 3 central defenders on, he was moving from right side CB to snuff out danger at left side CB 

Id be amazed if keogh was dropped

I agree with earlier comment by superzak it would make sense to bring in Davies and leave Bogle out and swap Temori to RB as i think Bogle needs a rest ....saying that Temori's pace is what stands him alone from Davies and Keogh and Gayle is no slouch so Davies to continue on bench 

33 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Why change a winning team and try Tomori at right back for the first time this season against the best attacking side in the division?

Would prefer 5 at the back and Johnson for bryso if he brings in Davies. 

Bogle was poor against Sheff Utd and has had a few poor games  recently IF Davies plays I'd put Temori at RB 

Why does everyone insist on fixing things that ain't broke? OK, so Bryson is injured and has to be replaced, but our current back four has been playing really well and people want to replace any or all of them for players whose current form is, at best, unknown or play people out of position, for which Rowett was justifiably criticised. I hope Frank has a calmer head than most on here (not too difficult ?) and keeps an unchanged back four.

I think we should take off Keogh, bring on Davies. Move Tomori to right back next to Bogle and have two right backs so Bogle can learn from him.

Hinton on the wing, Bloomer in the hole and let’s go for Peschisolido and Wanchope up top in a two. Think the small man/long leg combination will test the Baggies’ defence.

Only changes from Sheff United for me.

6 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Why does everyone insist on fixing things that ain't broke? OK, so Bryson is injured and has to be replaced, but our current back four has been playing really well and people want to replace any or all of them for players whose current form is, at best, unknown or play people out of position, for which Rowett was justifiably criticised. I hope Frank has a calmer head than most on here (not too difficult ?) and keeps an unchanged back four.

Players improve whilst not in the team, always been the case.

I don't understand the calls to move Tomori, he's playing well, leave him be and replace Bryson with Johnson. 

Only 2 teams in the top 6 have conceded more goals than us but Forsyth is pants, Tomori needs to be moved and Bogle rested. 

You know what that means right? Keogh is a god like defender.

We haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a League game since the Millwall in August.

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think we should take off Keogh, bring on Davies. Move Tomori to right back next to Bogle and have two right backs so Bogle can learn from him.

Hinton on the wing, Bloomer in the hole and let’s go for Peschisolido and Wanchope up top in a two. Think the small man/long leg combination will test the Baggies’ defence.

Only changes from Sheff United for me.

Where he's spent the best part of the last century,,,,?

Archived