V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Duracell said:

Are Carson, Keogh and Tomori the only players who haven’t had a shot this half?

Yes. But Keogh has put a pretty dangerous cross in ? 

This is fascinating to see. It’s almost like we weren’t ready for Hudds early doors this season. It has taken 10+ games for Frank and Jody to get us playing at a tempo, and with a level of skill, that they were happy with. Until we reached that point, we had to put up with a less cultured midfield which worked hard but lacked a bit of panache.

All of a sudden, we are ready to unleash the playmaker. Everyone is working to the plan so well that he has time, and space, and can control the game from that position that he loves.

It’s the most intelligent management I have seen at Derby since Jim Smith (who persisted with DPFG, for example, when few rated him, and signed VdL when many of us said “who?”). Don’t get me wrong - it’s not perfect and we may still blow this game in the second half. However, it’s not just the ale talking when I say I’d rather see us play like this and stay in the Champ, than creep into the Prem playing Rowettball.

Just now, Derbados said:

Just hope the ref doesn’t spoil it, we aren’t getting anything from him tonight he looks determined to help West Brom out 

Think he’s missed a lot for both sides. Took about 25 mins for us to get a fk

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That, Mr Rowett, is how you play football. 

I forgot how entertaining this sport could be. 

Loving this match but do feel we need a third. Once we get that though, I'll be bouncing in my living room.

Didn't expect that! Wowww,

All I ask for is entertainment, shouldn't happen, but WBA do have the firepower. Lets hope we don't sit back. If this means it ends 2-2 or whatever then so be it. We are finally developing a style and we shouldn't abandon it as soon as things get difficult (think WBA will get a goal back at some stage and put us under pressure)

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Just hope the ref doesn’t spoil it, we aren’t getting anything from him tonight he looks determined to help West Brom out 

Apart from not giving them a blatant penalty and an opportunity where he could have easily sent Malone off.

He's a poor poor ref but he certainly isn't biased, he's just poor.

Archived