V Sheffield United (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Bloody hell ,best wishes to Mrs Cone for a quick recovery mate .You are definitely  due a bit of luck.

Well me,Joel and Josh are going at short notice tomorrow.

Joel’s going as a VIP guest of the club.

Massive thanks to DCFC?

Prof Ray wasn’t 100% on it but he was never going to stop him.

22 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Slightly related... the new football (soccer!) stadium that opened in Atlanta last year has video screens in the round.  Also fully covered... so air conditioned in their heat.

ATLUTD_MontrealImpact_KH_09242017-194%20

The roof opens for rain and natural light too.

USATSI_10869803.jpg

For a country that doesn't do football... it puts our stadia to shame.

The stadium cost $1.6 BILLION to build according to wiki.

As already stated this stadium was built for the NFL and I refuse to accept that their stadiums are all far superior to ours. Yes they've got air conditioned domes, but many grounds in the northern states are outdoor without even a roof. They play in all conditions, including 6 inches of snow, with no thought to their fans' comfort. Have a look on YouTube for some extreme weather conditions at their matches. 

13 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

You’ll be lucky mate,some bakery machine fell on her Wednesday?

Broke her arm/wrist☹️

Blimey, hope she's ok. Send her my regards. There is gonna be a ward named after your family at your local hospital. You never seem to be away from the place. As @King Kevin says, you are definitely overdue a turn in your fortunes. Looks like your gonna have to bake my cake now buddy. Hope Joel is doing ok btw. 

Just seen your post. You should get better treatment than at Rotherham. Enjoy.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Blimey, hope she's ok. Send her my regards. There is gonna be a ward named after your family at your local hospital. You never seem to be away from the place. As @King Kevin says, you are definitely overdue a turn in your fortunes. Looks like your gonna have to bake my cake now buddy. Hope Joel is doing ok btw. 

Cheers mate,see my post above re the game tomorrow....COYR?

Difficult game but at least I don’t expect us to utterly surrender midfield this season against them as we did embarrassingly last season not to mention every other embarrassing thing we did against them - if you were there you will know what I mean 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Difficult game but at least I don’t expect us to utterly surrender midfield this season against them as we did embarrassingly last season not to mention every other embarrassing thing we did against them - if you were there you will know what I mean 

Poohoused a 1-1 I recollect having been largely played off the park by a team whose form had been in decline.

grrr.......?

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I still think a local band should be given 15 minutes as part of the pre-match entertainment.

Anything to make  the afternoon less of a beer fest. There's plenty of time later for that.

I couldn't agree more. If you travel like me its a real drag if you get there sit around in the cold..sometimes with kids moaning...then game is a bit of a washout and long drive home again. Its a lot of time and expense for very little entertainment on occasion. As discussed before - compared to doing other family things, then paying £7 for us all to watch it in the comfort of my home? Are people really surprised attendances are stagnating.

Away days are more interesting just for the change of scenery. 

Why not have a few bands on before, ...local schools having a mini 5a-side tournament or go mental and have  a bit of a circus (insert clown jokes)...local breweries doing discounted craft beers, am sure they could cover pitch for it.  I don't know... but you have 20,000+ people coming and they are offered pretty little extra other than the football...just seems a big waste to me. You could start at 12...and clear everything by 2.30pm.

I loved those inflated animal things we had one half time - they were really funny. Think it was linked to an arts festival or something. 

Even the hit the crossbar comps are a bit of a change. I know the kids like to score past Rammie but we could change it about a bit. 

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I loved those inflated animal things we had one half time - they were really funny. Think it was linked to an arts festival or something. 

Even the hit the crossbar comps are a bit of a change. I know the kids like to score past Rammie but we could change it about a bit. 

Why not get Roos in goal at half time?

Might be the only action he sees!

Blindfold penalties with a partner shouting prompts. 

Would like to see Waghorn Marriott Wilson as the front 3 tomorrow, we have 5/6 really good players for those 3 positions, not many teams in the league with better or more options we just need 3 of the same getting a run of games together...

Waghorn as I feel we are struggling for goals 

Marriott a decent run of games and he will be a great striker for us 

Wilson obvious abilities. 

Leaves us with Lawrence, Josefzoon, Nuge, Bennett all to choose from.

I have seen us get 4 wins and a draw so far this season and I haven't seen us loose since Wednesday away in the 2016/17 season hopefully that luck when I go to games continues as I feel like we will need it tomorrow. We can win if we start well and don't give away anything sloppy in the first half hour but it's going to be far from easy and will probably require us to play like we did against Man u if we are going to get a win.

Archived