Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

The problem is that Derby cannot sell 'seating' tickets for away games as they are still technically all seating.

After a long campaign from my hubby they now do sell 'front' 'middle' or 'back' if you ask - at least where the stand is deep enough.

I don't know how many think to select these though.

Yesterday we were on Row F - so six rows from front. There were a group of four lads in Row B who stood the whole match, forcing us to stand too. We don't mind as we're used to it but others were complaining a bit further back. Not a lot we could do about it.

PS Even I was swearing yesterday at the referee! ?

Sadly if you select a ticket near the front then you risk having your skull split open by our seat throwing knuckle draggers at the back.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Sadly if you select a ticket near the front then you risk having your skull split open by our seat throwing knuckle draggers at the back.

To be fair, I have never seen that happen before yesterday. Most of us didn't get hit by a seat. 

But I witness general loutish behaviour at most away matches. I have had men come toppling down the rows on top of me, been kicked and sweared at by our own supporters and squashed into the aisles when gangs of latecomers decide they all want to pile in together instead of the seats they have been allocated.

The few times that I have complained about it on here there is always someone who will come back at me saying that women and children are the ones at fault because we are ruining the atmosphere at away games.

In today's over sensitive protective society football is like the last bastion of the racist sexist mysogonist abusive luddite. And it's not just young fans. At Hull last game a very nice young man was complaining to my husband about the drunken behaviour and abuse being spouted around by a man in front of us who was in his 50s. Even the bloke's son looked embarrassed! 

Makes you wonder why we put up with it. For me, I  want to see the football, love it when we get behind the team and you can see it give them a lift, it makes you feel closer to the team and when we celebrate a goal and a win together there's no better feeling.

I am not giving up on away days yet.  If and when we do, those louts have won. 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Well done your hubby Angieram. The online ticket system forces you to make a seat location choice before you buy the ticket (though it doesn't guarantee you'll get your choice, which I guess they have to say)

Haha. I think some of the staff hide when they see him entering the ticket office! 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Disgusting behaviour. Really surprised there’s been no statement from Derby on this. Or even a bit of PR to save face. 

Exactly,  its why i think derby should do something for the girl hurt and her family,  roll out the red carpet make it special.  Make a statement that well-behaved fans are more important than thugs.

7 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

How's Joel today mate ?

He’s fine mate,thanks for asking.Well no less fine than on a normal day.

His face has mostly gone back into shape and he’s had no major issues,my guess would be that the excitement,physical effort etc was just too much,his palsy comes when his blood pressure is high and pushes on the left side of his face.

I’m mad with myself today,if those guys had pushed him down or he’d got a whack on his head we could have had problems.

He’s good mate,hospital Monday/ Tuesday though and a telling off for me.

im ashamed to say , myself and a few lads who travel away reguarly with the Neptune had an altercation in the ground yesterday with some 19 - 22 yr old idiots who called themselves Derby supporters , they were on the row in front of us and we could see from the start they were high on drink or drugs , as the game wore on their behaviour got alarmingly worse , vile abuse to both Rotherham and other Rams fans , Keogh, Forsyth and Waghorn were also targetted , an elderly gentleman asked them to stop and a punch was thrown at him , luckily missing the target , the final straw for us was when one of these brave souls ripped out his seat and threw it towards the pitch , now myself and the lads i was with are no shrinking violets and we asked them to stop or else , this was met with abuse and an attempted head butt , things got out of hand briefly , punches were thrown and landed , i am ashamed of my actions but we couldnt stand back anymore , we reported the matter to Rotherham security staff but they seemed more interested in trying to goad us into having a go at them ,i have today reported the Security staff to RUFC and also gave DCFC  a description and seat numbers of the so called Rams fans involved , i apologise for our actions in the matter

6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

He’s fine mate,thanks for asking.Well no less fine than on a normal day.

His face has mostly gone back into shape and he’s had no major issues,my guess would be that the excitement,physical effort etc was just too much,his palsy comes when his blood pressure is high and pushes on the left side of his face.

I’m mad with myself today,if those guys had pushed him down or he’d got a whack on his head we could have had problems.

He’s good mate,hospital Monday/ Tuesday though and a telling off for me.

you can only do your best mate, keep up the good work for him i'm sure the telling off won't be that bad.

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

im ashamed to say , myself and a few lads who travel away reguarly with the Neptune had an altercation in the ground yesterday with some 19 - 22 yr old idiots who called themselves Derby supporters , they were on the row in front of us and we could see from the start they were high on drink or drugs , as the game wore on their behaviour got alarmingly worse , vile abuse to both Rotherham and other Rams fans , Keogh, Forsyth and Waghorn were also targetted , an elderly gentleman asked them to stop and a punch was thrown at him , luckily missing the target , the final straw for us was when one of these brave souls ripped out his seat and threw it towards the pitch , now myself and the lads i was with are no shrinking violets and we asked them to stop or else , this was met with abuse and an attempted head butt , things got out of hand briefly , punches were thrown and landed , i am ashamed of my actions but we couldnt stand back anymore , we reported the matter to Rotherham security staff but they seemed more interested in trying to goad us into having a go at them ,i have today reported the Security staff to RUFC and also gave DCFC  a description and seat numbers of the so called Rams fans involved , i apologise for our actions in the matter

Doesn't sound to me like you did much wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Based on your account, I think you and your mates should be proud not ashamed. It would have been far easier to keep quiet and not get involved.

11 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Can’t see what you are apologising for Premier, you asked them to stop or they would be enlightened, they chose to abuse and attempt to assault one of your party, you took matters into your own hands, I say capital old boy, capital. ? 

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Difficult when these things blow up unexpectedly mate.

Sounds like you were justified and proportionate(I’m getting big words ready for my complaint).

23 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Can’t see what you are apologising for Premier, you asked them to stop or they would be enlightened, they chose to abuse and attempt to assault one of your party, you took matters into your own hands, I say capital old boy, capital. ? 

I  say well done to you and your mates, these louts need standing up to, if I was in your position I would have done the same, some of these young louts need a good hiding to bring them down a peg or two, why should they spoil the day out for others, hope they get banned for life.

3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

I’m a season ticket holder, but I also go to a few away games every season ..

I will NOT buy a ticket for the Derby away end as I am too old to want to stand up for 90 minutes, and the stewards (everywhere) are too cowardly to enforce the sitting down rule. I got a ticket for the Hull City away match behind the dugout (with no problem at all), and have done so at most of the away games I’ve attended.

However, Rotherham refused to accommodate me, as did Wolves last season, and yesterday has confirmed my decision to NEVER follow Derby at an away game by buying a ticket for the Derby supporters end. 

I suspect that I am not the only football fan (particularly amongst the over 50s) who has this problem, but the clubs are totally inflexible in their attitude, and seem to be incapable of listening to those, like myself, who want to enjoy the game, SITTING DOWN (which is what we have paid for), and without abusing the home supporters,  or singing ludicrous, peurile (and frequently abusive) songs. 

What would it take to arrange with every club that we visit, to designate an enclosure (at the side of a ground, not a ‘behind the goal’ terrace) where the older, quieter, supporter can enjoy the game in peace, without being in danger of having a flying seat thrown from behind, or having to stand for 90 minutes ! 

But no, the normal rules of civilised behaviour in society do not apply once through the turnstiles, or (in the case of the clubs themselves) a total inability to cater for a supporters needs holds sway. And then we have the example of a couple of our players and (amazingly) the manager yesterday. If I didn’t still retain the love of the game (but not what surrounds it) that I have had for over 50 years, then I would never attend another match ! 

Come on Mel Morris, crack the whip and restore some dignity to this club ! 

Excellent idea but I doubt it will ever happen. I’ve been watching the Rams since around 1958 and I used to go to lots of away matches but then other priorities took over. I did however go away to Huddersfield the season before last, Hull last Boxing Day and Burton Albion late last season- we were poor or dire on each occasion but that is beside the point. I have to say that attending the matches was something of an ordeal although I was at least able to sit down at Hull. At Huddersfield some lads were spraying beer about pre match, no chance of sitting down if you wanted to see the match and a group of drunks behind endless repeating some highly forgettable chant. Burton was the worst with a core of supporters well drunk and I felt the atmosphere was a little intimidating. The coarseness of the language and the vitriol directed at our players was awful. The common denominator with a small minority of our supporters is alcohol. I like a pint before the match but these people are well over the top. I suppose it is symptomatic of the general drinking culture

30 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Has anyone raised the point yet, just because this lot were sitting in our away seats, it doesn't necessarily mean they are D.C.F.C. fans. Especially if they were slagging and laying into our players and fans. Oh look somebody has just raised that point!

Are you new to this forum?

Archived