Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/09/2018 at 13:11, cannable said:

That wasn’t football fans though, those were folk who used it as an excuse to be a dhead, the type that don’t care about football save for international tournaments. One was Scottish ?

I work in Nottingham and remember everyone in the office blaming football fans for the taxi incident. I kept insisting that it wasn't necessarily football fans. It was the same ignorant drunk twits you get at 3am on a Friday or Saturday, except on that day they had an excuse to drink all day (as if they needed one). I hate being tarred with the same brush as them, and the idiots on Saturday when the majority of football fans go to enjoy the game with their mates and their families.

Annoyingly most of the office are rugby fans (not sure how it happened) and as the only football fan, it becomes exhausting depending football fans when things like this happen. Especially when they bring up the good behaviour of rugby players and fans generally.

4 minutes ago, Paese said:

I work in Nottingham and remember everyone in the office blaming football fans for the taxi incident. I kept insisting that it wasn't necessarily football fans. It was the same ignorant drunk twits you get at 3am on a Friday or Saturday, except on that day they had an excuse to drink all day (as if they needed one). I hate being tarred with the same brush as them, and the idiots on Saturday when the majority of football fans go to enjoy the game with their mates and their families.

Annoyingly most of the office are rugby fans (not sure how it happened) and as the only football fan, it becomes exhausting depending football fans when things like this happen. Especially when they bring up the good behaviour of rugby players and fans generally.

Here’s your retort ?

C4F3BE21-6EA2-44B6-B924-B296FD688240.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Paese said:

People who aren't really keen on football see football fans as yobs and hooligans due to the 80's. Don't think stigma will ever go away. The way the police and stewards treat you when you go to games is as if you are one too.

Also, don't let rugby fans act like their players are well behaved. Have you seen their fights. Have you seen the way certain rugby players (not naming names) treat woman and act in clubs. It's just easier to blame footballers as they've come from council estates rather than boarding schools

Surely, this adds more weight to the safe standing argument. I think safe standing is  more important for away fans. It allows fans to move to a more suitable position once in the ground. Home fans know where to go if they want to stand and also where to go if they want to sit down all game. 

17 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

People who aren't really keen on football see football fans as yobs and hooligans due to the 80's. Don't think stigma will ever go away. The way the police and stewards treat you when you go to games is as if you are one too.

Also, don't let rugby fans act like their players are well behaved. Have you seen their fights. Have you seen the way certain rugby players (not naming names) treat woman and act in clubs. It's just easier to blame footballers as they've come from council estates rather than boarding schools

As the old adage goes. 'Football is a game for gentlemen, played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs, played by gentlemen'

I am a fan of both games - Derby and Bath RFC. I will say on the whole that Rugby players and fans are far better behaved than football fans/players. At least the rugby players respect the ref.

I am not saying your every day fans, but you have to admit more trouble comes from football than Rugby.

When I go to watch Bath I often stand in a mixed fans end as the atmosphere is tremendous. Now you couldn't do that v Forest 

39 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As the old adage goes. 'Football is a game for gentlemen, played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs, played by gentlemen'

I am a fan of both games - Derby and Bath RFC. I will say on the whole that Rugby players and fans are far better behaved than football fans/players. At least the rugby players respect the ref.

I am not saying your every day fans, but you have to admit more trouble comes from football than Rugby.

When I go to watch Bath I often stand in a mixed fans end as the atmosphere is tremendous. Now you couldn't do that v Forest 

Rugby isn’t a sport though, it’s egg chasing, therefore no comparison.

1 hour ago, Paese said:

Fans yes. Players not necessarily so.

theres an old saying “whereas footballers is a game played by gentlemen and watched by thugs, rugby is a game played by thugs and watched by gentlemen “

6 hours ago, Bluedogmaz said:

No. Quite simply it is the Law!

I personally have no problem with people standing but to say 

Soo because you can’t but standing tickets people shouldn’t be able to enjoy theselfs in which ever manner they choose? 

Is frankly ridiculous. Do you break the law in public in other areas of your life? I enjoy a cigar but its not allowed in the ground but **** it I will light up anyway cos no one is going to stop me enjoying myself. Your argument has no basis at all!

In my eyes people like you is what’s wrong with modern football 

Archived