Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, superrams23 said:

Soo your saying everyone should sit because you want to sit?      You ever thought everyone stands because the majority want to stand? 

The problem you've got is that you're told to sit down, you're breaking the rules of the ground by standing up. Fair enough if you want to do it, but don't be inconsiderate when people actually want to sit down. If you know you're gonna stand get tickets for a higher part of the ground. 

Had the domino effect at Rotherham, small group of lads decided to stand up where the majority of that part of the stand were sat down. Meant the row in front and then us has to stand to see. Behind us there were a half dozen young (7/8 Year olds) with their dad's, couldn't see a thing as we all ended up having to stand. Then you wonder why you'd struggle to get a new generation of fans in sometimes 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

The problem you've got is that you're told to sit down, you're breaking the rules of the ground by standing up. Fair enough if you want to do it, but don't be inconsiderate when people actually want to sit down. If you know you're gonna stand get tickets for a higher part of the ground. 

Had the domino effect at Rotherham, small group of lads decided to stand up where the majority of that part of the stand were sat down. Meant the row in front and then us has to stand to see. Behind us there were a half dozen young (7/8 Year olds) with their dad's, couldn't see a thing as we all ended up having to stand. Then you wonder why you'd struggle to get a new generation of fans in sometimes 

You don’t usually get a choice when you get away tickets 

2 hours ago, superrams23 said:

Soo your saying everyone should sit because you want to sit?      You ever thought everyone stands because the majority want to stand? 

Yes. If you went to the cinema and i was stood up in front of you you would be a bit unhappy no doubt.

Just remember selfish attitudes stop others being able to go to games because they dont want or are unable to stand for the duration.

2 hours ago, superrams23 said:

I’m saying that standing isn’t (as yet) allowed so why should you be standing? I don’t care whether you want to stand, the rules are that sitting is the way to watch a game. I want to park in parent and child parking spaces but I don’t because the rules say im not allowed to as I don’t have kids. See where I’m coming from? You’re in the wrong, not me. 

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yes. If you went to the cinema and i was stood up in front of you you would be a bit unhappy no doubt.

Just remember selfish attitudes stop others being able to go to games because they dont want or are unable to stand for the duration.

Spot on! Why should people who struggle to stand for 90 minutes have to stay away because of selfish attitudes of others? 

To look at me you’d think I’d be well able to stand but honestly it hurts 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m saying that standing isn’t (as yet) allowed so why should you be standing? I don’t care whether you want to stand, the rules are that sitting is the way to watch a game. I want to park in parent and child parking spaces but I don’t because the rules say im not allowed to as I don’t have kids. See where I’m coming from? You’re in the wrong, not me. 

Ha..superrams23 probably parks where he likes, disabled space? 'Sod that ill park there, if disabled people cant be bothered to walk from the back of the car park why is it my problem?'

Me and my dad like to stand but thats why we get tickets towards the back no probleams.

As to cinerma I be asked sit down if refused I ask them to leave.

I think part of probleam people get fed up sitting down at pp so when away most people like to stand.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Me and my dad like to stand but thats why we get tickets towards the back no probleams.

As to cinerma I be asked sit down if refused I ask them to leave.

I think part of probleam people get fed up sitting down at pp so when away most people like to stand.

You are no more allowed to stand at football though than in the cinema. 

Hopefully safe standing will come in which gives a comprise, I understand   the frustrations of those who want to sit and those that want to stand. I enjoy standing at away games, however only do so if that’s happening around me and always consider anyone in the vicinity and would have no problem being seated if asked or for example a child was sat behind. 

Even if it comes in though still won’t please the miserable sods though, moan at everything and don’t like people having fun, probably moan next the signing is too loud, or quiet, or high pitched...oh and I don’t park In disabled spaces either ?

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Hopefully safe standing will come in which gives a comprise, I understand   the frustrations of those who want to sit and those that want to stand. I enjoy standing at away games, however only do so if that’s happening around me and always consider anyone in the vicinity and would have no problem being seated if asked or for example a child was sat behind. 

Even if it comes in though still won’t please the miserable sods though, moan at everything and don’t like people having fun, probably moan next the signing is too loud, or quiet, or high pitched...oh and I don’t park In disabled spaces either ?

Its not being miserable its wanting to enjoy the match as much as anyone else.

You say you would sit for a child, that's good. Would you sit if I a fairly fit looking mid 40's man asked you to?

I agree safe standing will help. A lot will depend how much gets allocated.

8 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Thanks to everyone on here for your supportive commments and understanding after the regrettable incidents on Saturday , just to let everyone know we have been invited down to PP for a meeting with DCFC and police , a suggestion there maybe CCTV footage of Rams fans entering the ground on saturday that they would like us to look at. We have supported DCFC as a group home and away for many years , the behaviour of some on Saturday disgusted us , not just the dheads that tried it on with us , what these idiots need to understand is that travelling away with the Rams  you are representing the club and the city , and the vile abuse and aggression is not welcome, if you cannot behave in an acceptable manner then please stay at home and let the wonderful fans who do behave at matches support their football clud in peace

This seems a bit odd unless it's to actually I.D the individuals. I'm sure DCFC have provided names but nothing yet coming out about whether CCTV was permanently watching all seats?

With regards to away fans and sitting - why not try and have one block which is for fans who want to sit? Any tickets issued in this block come with a letter asking the person to sit and at the same time, the stewards/police are asked at the other end to police it? I know it's not 'easy' but if there are 300 people whose attitude is to sit, it's a lot easier! 

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its not being miserable its wanting to enjoy the match as much as anyone else.

You say you would sit for a child, that's good. Would you sit if I a fairly fit looking mid 40's man asked you to?

I agree safe standing will help. A lot will depend how much gets allocated.

I’d quite happily sit down regardless of who asked me. I’m a short arse myself, and often find myself stood behind someone obscuring my view, I either move seat, or move slightky to give myself a better view, I accept that sometimes this is going to happen.

The being miserable comment is both putting someone in a box because they want to stand, why because of this would they want to park in a diasabled spot and also sucking the life out of watching football.

You say you want to enjoy the game, I get that, but so do others and that includes standing, it’s not like going to the cinema or parking at the supermarket, for some sitting throughout a game is something that doesn’t appeal, if it’s not hurting anyone regardless of the rules, does it really matter that much?

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’d quite happily sit down regardless of who asked me. I’m a short arse myself, and often find myself stood behind someone obscuring my view, I either move seat, or move slightky to give myself a better view, I accept that sometimes this is going to happen.

The being miserable comment is both putting someone in a box because they want to stand, why because of this would they want to park in a diasabled spot and also sucking the life out of watching football.

You say you want to enjoy the game, I get that, but so do others and that includes standing, it’s not like going to the cinema or parking at the supermarket, for some sitting throughout a game is something that doesn’t appeal, if it’s not hurting anyone regardless of the rules, does it really matter that much?

Would you stand up if you were watching La Boheme

This whole situation has really annoyed me if that was my partner, mother, child or anyone which got hit with that chair I seriously wouldn’t let it lie. Thanks to some pissed/sniffed up idiot thinking he’s johnny rock throwing seats on THEIR own supporters is a joke. They don’t just want banning they also need a good kick in. 

Archived