Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

A disgraceful day in Derby's history.

Moronic fans throwing seats on their own fans, apparently a young girl got badly cut.

Total lack of discipline from the team.

Total lack of sense from our rookie Manager

I think we are one of the worst teams for cards this season and have the dubious pleasure of the first managerial sending off in the division.

What are we becoming!

Absolutely right to comment on the disgraceful behaviour of some of our fans today.

Absolutely wrong to then link it to matters on the pitch. Lawrence bad tackle he’ll learn. Frank, will seek clarity on the rules but I bet he didn’t volley abuse as I know Rowett and Clough used to. They didn’t get sent off! 

To me...scapegoated because of his name.

What are we becoming? Get over yourself

Defo came from Row R. I was at the back, and it came left of where I was sitting. To be fair, a number of fans set about him and threatened to beat him to death. His actions were disgraceful. However, (not excusing the thuggish behaviour) but officials have such a responsibility for setting the tone. That team of half wits today didn't have a clue what they were doing. So many blatantly wrong decisions.

Still think the moron who threw the seat should get a lifetime ban.

7 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Defo came from Row R. I was at the back, and it came left of where I was sitting. To be fair, a number of fans set about him and threatened to beat him to death. His actions were disgraceful. However, (not excusing the thuggish behaviour) but officials have such a responsibility for setting the tone. That team of half wits today didn't have a clue what they were doing. So many blatantly wrong decisions.

Still think the moron who threw the seat should get a lifetime ban.

The minimum he should get is a lifetime ban. I bet he is feeling small tonight, and rightly so. 

I went to the match and I was on Row R.  The young teenage offender was also on Row R and clearly identified by some fans and was quite rightly threatened. Some stewards came to the scene about 5 minutes later but did not eject anyone. He should be identified by CCTV  at the ground and banned for life for attending all Derby away matches and given at least a 5 year home ban.

Some of the language used by a tiny minority of supporters was disgusting and they should have been arrested by British Transport Police at the Rotherham train station or by the local Police who were slow to react to fighting amongst some fans after the game. The trouble was initiated by about 10 of our so called fans, some of whom were arrested.  They should be fined at least £1000 and banned from going to home and away games for 5 years.

Unless you punish these idiots effectively, you will only encourage further idiotic and cowardly behaviour.

Shameful is the word, sadly. I saw the lady who took a chair to the head. And I believe I saw the culprit. He looked very young. About my sons age, 14 or 15.

It was just a really awful day, with humans on and off the pitch unable to control their emotions. We were crap at football too. 

Fingers crossed the perpetrators are identified and dealt with. 

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

The stewards who went up walked away with the seat details on a piece of paper. Even if there isn't any CCTV (which I'm sure there will be), DCFC keep details of every seat allocated to every membership number. Needless to say, whichever dick threw the seat which hit the lady will not be seeing another Derby game home or away for a long time. I actually hope the lady who was hit raises a police complaint for assault.

Any seat destroyed, DCFC will hopefully be given the details and ban the offending member.

Its so sad that whatever happens on the pitch, a few individuals cannot handle themselves. So so sad. I really hope DCFC as a club come out and publicly tell us what they are doing to thisese individuals.

But what happens if you left early and one of em rips your seat  out where you were sat? 

9 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The minimum he should get is a lifetime ban. I bet he is feeling small tonight, and rightly so. 

I bet he isn’t. Anyone with the mental capacity to think it’s a good idea to rip a chair out and and throw it, but lacks the physical strength to actually get it onto the pitch. Will be down the pub telling anyone who will listen, what a big man he is, not realising what a poor excuse for a human being he actually is

This post could also go in the 'things that really annoy me' thread too.

If you put on a Stone Island t-shirt and a baseball cap, or a really expensive jacket, it does neither of the following;

Make you able to suddenly deadlift 200kg

Make you able to fight

Make you harder than the opposition fans

You are still a scrawny see you next Tuesday. But in over priced clothing. You dunce.

See as well..... this is why safe standing keeps getting frowned upon, some will still defend this lot with the line “ah they are just lads having a bit of fun, they do no harm” end moan about the policing etc first..... yes there is justification to complain etc at times.

6 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Shameful is the word, sadly. I saw the lady who took a chair to the head. And I believe I saw the culprit. He looked very young. About my sons age, 14 or 15.

It was just a really awful day, with humans on and off the pitch unable to control their emotions. We were crap at football too. 

Fingers crossed the perpetrators are identified and dealt with. 

Could there be a chance of prison. Throwing a heavy object into a group of people is highly dangerous and could maim someone or worse. Fortunately it sounds like the woman who got hit is ok. Physically at least.

Archived