Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easiest thing in the world to prevent/detect seat throwers.

Fill the underside of the seat with used chungie, they'll either recoil in horror at getting their hands soiled by someone's second hand spittle, or if they carry on at least you'll have a decent set of prints.

47 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I can't see the problem tbf.

If I want to sit, and the person in front refuses to, I find a quick seat in the back of the head sorts the problem out! 

Obviously I rip out their seat, not my own, otherwise I'd be no better off.

That's experience for you.

But then what will they have to sit on? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Remind me never to stand in front of you! 

No worries, you wouldn't even know I was there. 

Just attempting to lighten the mood a little, as a fairly regular away attendee I share many of the concerns posted on here, but in my experience it's as likely to be middle aged people causing the problems as young lads, the one thing that does ring true for all the nobs is a surplus of alcohol, or sadly now drugs.

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No worries, you wouldn't even know I was there. 

Just attempting to lighten the mood a little, as a fairly regular away attendee I share many of the concerns posted on here, but in my experience it's as likely to be middle aged people causing the problems as young lads, the one thing that does ring true for all the nobs is a surplus of alcohol, or sadly now drugs.

Totally agree and I find likewise. I did know you were joking! 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

At the back your not in the way of anyone or brothering anyone.

Actually that’s not true.

Sometimes the wheelchair area/disabled seating is at the back (or half way up) the stand at some stadiums and in some cases the wheelchair users cannot see because others in front are standing (because there is not enough height between the platform and the row(s) in front).

As a wheelchair user myself this a major problem for me and I have had to actually miss matches because I know that I will not be able to see any of the match that I’ve paid to see if I went (Charlton, Fulham and Huddersfield to name a few). If I or anybody I’m with ask people to sit down we just get abuse (from fellow Derby fans) and stewards do nothing most of the time.

Standing in seated areas is just selfish.

Archived