Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

43 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

See as well..... this is why safe standing keeps getting frowned upon, some will still defend this lot with the line “ah they are just lads having a bit of fun, they do no harm” end moan about the policing etc first..... yes there is justification to complain etc at times.

Wouldn’t safe standing seats be harder to rip out, making this sort of incedent less likely to happen?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sad this. Makes me question taking my daughter to away games at all plus gives my missus more ammunition and ‘told you so’ looks as she thinks most football fans are ***heads. She got caught up in England fans smashing a taxi up in market square Nottingham. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wouldn’t safe standing seats be harder to rip out, making this sort of incedent less likely to happen?

That’s not the point..... it’s the mindset of some that I’m getting at 

They should be jailed.  Anything they own sold off to pay for the damages caused to both person and property, and the cost to the NHS.  If they are under 18, then the parents pay.

They are easily identified, as they aren't smart enough to have ripped out any seat, bar their own.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well its more than just throwing a sear, its assault. I hope they catch the coward who did it, ban him for life and charge him for assault or something.

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes not having a seat would make it somewhat problematic to rip it out ?

Should be quite easy to catch the people who threw the seats as they will be on record as having bought the broken ones surely? I know it isnt necessarily the person in that seat (albeit most likely) but if not it would certainly be someone near him who he would be able to see.

Some of the banter near the end was a bit OTT and unsettling walking below the Rotherham fans as the recent "grooming" cases up there clearly werent from the majority caucasian football going community in attendance were they?

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

See as well..... this is why safe standing keeps getting frowned upon, some will still defend this lot with the line “ah they are just lads having a bit of fun, they do no harm” end moan about the policing etc first..... yes there is justification to complain etc at times.

I doubt that. I see nothing but universal condemnation here - the only people who would possibly defend this action would be like-minded morons.

It would be entirely appropriate that the offender is made to apologise to the lady in question, preferably in person. That is what used to happen to young people by the police and is a quite effective means to make them realise there is a victim and a consequence to their immaturity and dangerous behaviour. I was sent a letter by a young man who damaged my property in a drunken stupor, clearly written in his own young words and for me it was adequate closure - I'd rather educate than annihilate when it comes to youth. I hope he gets a 5 year ban, has to apologise and comes back having learned the error of this ways. If it was someone old enough to know better (>18) then ban for life.

15 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

It would be entirely appropriate that the offender is made to apologise to the lady in question, preferably in person. That is what used to happen to young people by the police and is a quite effective means to make them realise there is a victim and a consequence to their immaturity and dangerous behaviour. I was sent a letter by a young man who damaged my property in a drunken stupor, clearly written in his own young words and for me it was adequate closure - I'd rather educate than annihilate when it comes to youth. I hope he gets a 5 year ban, has to apologise and comes back having learned the error of this ways. If it was someone old enough to know better (>18) then ban for life.

I doubt the offender could form the words to make an apology.

1 hour ago, Lambface said:

Really sad this. Makes me question taking my daughter to away games at all plus gives my missus more ammunition and ‘told you so’ looks as she thinks most football fans are ***heads. She got caught up in England fans smashing a taxi up in market square Nottingham. 

I'm with your mrs on that one.

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Absolutely right to comment on the disgraceful behaviour of some of our fans today.

Absolutely wrong to then link it to matters on the pitch. Lawrence bad tackle he’ll learn. Frank, will seek clarity on the rules but I bet he didn’t volley abuse as I know Rowett and Clough used to. They didn’t get sent off! 

To me...scapegoated because of his name.

What are we becoming? Get over yourself

I did not link the items at all. I just quoted the incidents, but seeing you brought it up:

The Lawrence tackle, (he has a track record of this rashness) sparked the players scuffle, fairly sure that behaviour in the stands and on the pitch went downhill from that point on. Bradley was really close to following Lawrence of with his behaviour, and then Frank being silly. Of course it was linked. Not excusable at all but definitely linked.

The irony is that I was beginning to change my opinion of Lawrence, but watching him for Wales and now this I'm back to my original opinion.

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I was at the back in the centre behind the goal, where were the seats hurled? From the left or the right looking at the pitch? Didn't see anything particularly naughty all day.

You are arsene wenger and i claim my 5 pounds. 

Archived