Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

The problem you've got is that you're told to sit down, you're breaking the rules of the ground by standing up. Fair enough if you want to do it, but don't be inconsiderate when people actually want to sit down. If you know you're gonna stand get tickets for a higher part of the ground. 

Had the domino effect at Rotherham, small group of lads decided to stand up where the majority of that part of the stand were sat down. Meant the row in front and then us has to stand to see. Behind us there were a half dozen young (7/8 Year olds) with their dad's, couldn't see a thing as we all ended up having to stand. Then you wonder why you'd struggle to get a new generation of fans in sometimes 

I understand what your saying and think safe standing would solve this issue 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yes. If you went to the cinema and i was stood up in front of you you would be a bit unhappy no doubt.

Just remember selfish attitudes stop others being able to go to games because they dont want or are unable to stand for the duration.

But at the cinema there is no reason to stand up soo people don’t and if it’s selfish that a few people have to stand to watch the game because the majority want to stand then having to sit down for the few that want to sit down must be what? 

4 hours ago, superrams23 said:

Soo your saying everyone should sit because you want to sit?      You ever thought everyone stands because the majority want to stand? 

What a stupid response.

If someone pays for a seat and wants to sit then they should be allowed to do so without their view being obscured. 

Nowhere on any ticket ever did it say it's a seating ticket unless the majority want to stand.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Ha..superrams23 probably parks where he likes, disabled space? 'Sod that ill park there, if disabled people cant be bothered to walk from the back of the car park why is it my problem?'

Yeah your right, I like to stand and get behind my team when I follow derby that must mean I’d park in a disabled parking spot 

I haven't sat in 21 years at Pride Park and don't like sitting down at Away games, it's boring, if the people behind were sat down of course I would because I'm a nice person, however if I politely said I wanted to stand and would they like to swap seats I know for a fact they'd get all precious and not want to move because it's "their seat and they've paid for it", can't win with some folk

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What a stupid response.

If someone pays for a seat and wants to sit then they should be allowed to do so without their view being obscured. 

Nowhere on any ticket ever did it say it's a seating ticket unless the majority want to stand.

It’s true when people pay good money to watch football they should be able to sit down and watch the game but it’s also true that when people pay good money they should be allowed to stand sing and have a beer 

4 minutes ago, superrams23 said:

It’s true when people pay good money to watch football they should be able to sit down and watch the game but it’s also true that when people pay good money they should be allowed to stand sing and have a beer 

Which would be true only if you could buy standing tickets!

14 minutes ago, superrams23 said:

Not if they are blocking someone's view who has paid for a seating ticket who wants to sit down. 

I can't see the problem tbf.

If I want to sit, and the person in front refuses to, I find a quick seat in the back of the head sorts the problem out! 

Obviously I rip out their seat, not my own, otherwise I'd be no better off.

That's experience for you.

Archived