Few idiots spoil the day

B4ev6is
Message added by Day

Full appeal: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/News-and-Appeals/News/2018/September/15-Sept-Police-appeal-for-information-after-Rams-crowd-trouble-in-Rotherham.aspx

Officers are continuing their enquiries following crowd trouble at the match between Rotherham United and Derby County at New York Stadium on Saturday, September 15.

During the game, a female Derby fan was hit by a seat thrown from the stand where Derby fans were based. She required hospital treatment for her injuries.

If anyone has any information regarding this matter they can contact PC 2179 Roger Brown by email on derbyshirefootballunit@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

To be fair, I have never seen that happen before yesterday. Most of us didn't get hit by a seat. 

But I witness general loutish behaviour at most away matches. I have had men come toppling down the rows on top of me, been kicked and sweared at by our own supporters and squashed into the aisles when gangs of latecomers decide they all want to pile in together instead of the seats they have been allocated.

The few times that I have complained about it on here there is always someone who will come back at me saying that women and children are the ones at fault because we are ruining the atmosphere at away games.

In today's over sensitive protective society football is like the last bastion of the racist sexist mysogonist abusive luddite. And it's not just young fans. At Hull last game a very nice young man was complaining to my husband about the drunken behaviour and abuse being spouted around by a man in front of us who was in his 50s. Even the bloke's son looked embarrassed! 

Makes you wonder why we put up with it. For me, I  want to see the football, love it when we get behind the team and you can see it give them a lift, it makes you feel closer to the team and when we celebrate a goal and a win together there's no better feeling.

I am not giving up on away days yet.  If and when we do, those louts have won. 

i'm totally with you on this and sadly this behaviour and atmosphere is replicated across the country with many teams. Depending on locality etc , I sometimes watch other teams with my mates (we don't all support Derby) and the morons are everywhere; it's not solely a Derby thing. The 'lads' culture is annoying - you can see the bradaccio of stella drinkers / powder snorters celebrating their lifestyle all over social media and it's become a sort of norm. I mainly got to away games so see a lot of the crap you mentioned. I love gong to away games and having a few beers but actually like talking to home fans - in fact i mainly try to avoid the pubs where our fans might be, in case the morons are in town. From watching Derby from Brighton to Preston, the neanderthals are there. 

Anyway, the seat flinging does sound like a one off (of sorts) so keep on going! 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

im ashamed to say , myself and a few lads who travel away reguarly with the Neptune had an altercation in the ground yesterday with some 19 - 22 yr old idiots who called themselves Derby supporters , they were on the row in front of us and we could see from the start they were high on drink or drugs , as the game wore on their behaviour got alarmingly worse , vile abuse to both Rotherham and other Rams fans , Keogh, Forsyth and Waghorn were also targetted , an elderly gentleman asked them to stop and a punch was thrown at him , luckily missing the target , the final straw for us was when one of these brave souls ripped out his seat and threw it towards the pitch , now myself and the lads i was with are no shrinking violets and we asked them to stop or else , this was met with abuse and an attempted head butt , things got out of hand briefly , punches were thrown and landed , i am ashamed of my actions but we couldnt stand back anymore , we reported the matter to Rotherham security staff but they seemed more interested in trying to goad us into having a go at them ,i have today reported the Security staff to RUFC and also gave DCFC  a description and seat numbers of the so called Rams fans involved , i apologise for our actions in the matter

Don't be ashamed mate - you did nothing wrong but tried to get others to behave themselves. Unfortunately, it's a losing battle in that scenario. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it's not. The idiots are in a minority but shout loudest at first.

i know what you're saying. But i'm more alluding to the scenario where someone tries to rationalise and calm the situation but unfortunately gets a fist or forehead in the visage for their trouble. Yep, in the short term they win and to try and remedy the situation takes a lot of effort and time when all you want is to watch some football. And support the same ruddy team!

I don’t see why it’s excusable to behave like a prat just because you’re at a football game. One away match I went to a youth puked repeatedly all over his shoes and his companion just carried on watching the game. We asked to move. Another the 4 idiots behind abused our players from minute one making it impossible to enjoy the game. I’ve been verbally abused by an old guy, pushed around by a guy who looked about 70 too. It’s just unbelievable. Last time I looked the rules were that football grounds were all seated. So why does everyone think it’s fine to stand? It’s not. I want to sit. I think I’ll probably give up going away. 

14 hours ago, Norman said:

This post could also go in the 'things that really annoy me' thread too.

If you put on a Stone Island t-shirt and a baseball cap, or a really expensive jacket, it does neither of the following;

Make you able to suddenly deadlift 200kg

Make you able to fight

Make you harder than the opposition fans

You are still a scrawny see you next Tuesday. But in over priced clothing. You dunce.

It’s probably not even over priced to be honest just a fake from eBay and then” I’m tough look at me” lol.....what makes me really laugh is I come from a tough  area to be honest and don’t think one of those morons would’ve done that if it was at somewhere like the den or the old Upton Park as they probably wouldn’t have got out alive .....not condoning those grounds but Rotherham away is an easy option for wannabe hard lads trying to be tough with there fake gear on ...do us a favour and stay away 

8 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Excellent idea but I doubt it will ever happen. I’ve been watching the Rams since around 1958 and I used to go to lots of away matches but then other priorities took over. I did however go away to Huddersfield the season before last, Hull last Boxing Day and Burton Albion late last season- we were poor or dire on each occasion but that is beside the point. I have to say that attending the matches was something of an ordeal although I was at least able to sit down at Hull. At Huddersfield some lads were spraying beer about pre match, no chance of sitting down if you wanted to see the match and a group of drunks behind endless repeating some highly forgettable chant. Burton was the worst with a core of supporters well drunk and I felt the atmosphere was a little intimidating. The coarseness of the language and the vitriol directed at our players was awful. The common denominator with a small minority of our supporters is alcohol. I like a pint before the match but these people are well over the top. I suppose it is symptomatic of the general drinking culture

Well said. I commented on the scumbag behaviour at the time. It wasn't just a few either. 

Thanks to everyone on here for your supportive commments and understanding after the regrettable incidents on Saturday , just to let everyone know we have been invited down to PP for a meeting with DCFC and police , a suggestion there maybe CCTV footage of Rams fans entering the ground on saturday that they would like us to look at. We have supported DCFC as a group home and away for many years , the behaviour of some on Saturday disgusted us , not just the dheads that tried it on with us , what these idiots need to understand is that travelling away with the Rams  you are representing the club and the city , and the vile abuse and aggression is not welcome, if you cannot behave in an acceptable manner then please stay at home and let the wonderful fans who do behave at matches support their football clud in peace

Would have taken my 11 year old lad to this game if it hadn't been for other commitments. I'm glad I didn't. It's the sort of thing that could put a kid off for life. Must admit - reading this, it's put me off generally. Horrifying.  

Look mate this is a one off I can promise this does not normal happen but I feel bad for this girl but stwards were not quick enough to get these drunck idouts out of the ground.

They did nrothing apart from just stand there. But I was a long way from this but from angle I was act it looked iike first game from home ends talking one our stwards on roadrider confirmed it our fans I felt angrey by this.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't for simply coming out of the technical area. It was for marching down the touchline to confront the linesman. I think he was making spectacle jestures.  

not that it bothers me tbh.

Hi

just seen a video and it does appear it was a straight read for being outside the technical area, no idea what he said though but was probably 'I say old chap buck your ideas up please'

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look mate this is a one off I can promise this does not normal happen

It may not have been a normal occurrence, but if there is not a hard and fast clampdown it will be! I was there in the 70's it was scary and I stopped going to games for a while. No repeat please! 

17 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t see why it’s excusable to behave like a prat just because you’re at a football game. One away match I went to a youth puked repeatedly all over his shoes and his companion just carried on watching the game. We asked to move. Another the 4 idiots behind abused our players from minute one making it impossible to enjoy the game. I’ve been verbally abused by an old guy, pushed around by a guy who looked about 70 too. It’s just unbelievable. Last time I looked the rules were that football grounds were all seated. So why does everyone think it’s fine to stand? It’s not. I want to sit. I think I’ll probably give up going away. 

Soo your saying everyone should sit because you want to sit?      You ever thought everyone stands because the majority want to stand? 

Archived