Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Why are we moaning about this? Selling Vydra for a few quid and another striking option on a loan. What’s the worst that can happen? Wells sits on the bench and we’ve paid nothing for him. Good deal this.

Not getting the full value of a player,bringing in some one we don't need, not reducing the squad size????? Sounds like we would be better keeping Vids. If they can't pay a decent amount he would be better staying 

This is getting stupid. The squad is bloated and no one wants our players. Signing more bang average players on loan isn’t helping. 

Unless Frank knows 4/5 of our players are off in the next few days, he’s harming the club more than helping at this point. 

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Not getting the full value of a player,bringing in some one we don't need, not reducing the squad size????? Sounds like we would be better keeping Vids. If they can't pay a decent amount he would be better staying 

I see. So how much are we getting? 

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Most people on here were desperate for us to go for him a Summer or two back, when he was in vogue.

There's nowt as queer as folk.

Did you live through the James Vaughan era?

10 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I wonder if Vydra money will be used to terminate contracts? 

7 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

This is getting stupid. The squad is bloated and no one wants our players. Singing more bang average players on loan isn’t helping. 

Unless Frank knows 4/5 of our players are off in the next few days, he’s harming the club more than helping at this point. 

Let's see what happens before we get the razor blades out. There is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about (without doubt) .......who knew about the Burnley interest a day or so back ? ........Calm down ...go with the flow or go back to playing football manager ??

Really strange one. I wouldn’t be against Marriott, Waghorn, Wells & Bennett as the options for the striker position. The problem we would then have is finding a new home for Martin, Jerome, Blackman & Nugent, which I can’t see all happening between now and the end of the loan window at the latest.

If we’re planning on using Waghorn as a wide player, we could add Nugent to the keep list but we’d still have a few to ship out. I also don’t think Wells would be a regular starter so it just looks like we’re taking him for a season as a goodwill gesture to get the Vydra deal done.

This is a very strange one. Can’t say I’m a massive fan of Wells if I’m honest, would be annoyed if we’ve sacrificed some of the Vydra cash to get him in on loan as I think Bennett is good enough as third striker, which is all Wells would be. That said, Wells is clearly more proven in this division than Bennett so I can see the logic in getting him on loan if the opportunity arose at basically no cost to us, certainly covers us upfront if there are injuries. Still a lot of poo to shift up front tho too. Think we should all calm down and see how it all pans out, it’s difficult to tell where we stand atm

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would suspect 1 or 2 other forwards are close to going if Wells & Waghorn are happening.

Nugent to Sheff Utd, Martin to QpR & Jerome to Preston are all possibilities

Hope your right,? but sure we don't need wells

52 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You interpreted "Sky Sources: Burnley in talks to sign Matej Vydra from Derby in swap deal for Nahki Wells" as a STRAIGHT SWAP then?

Come on McLovin, you're no fool.

Their original tweet was deleted , which stated that the deal had been agreed(not in talks like now) and on the sky sports programme itself, they suggested a straight swap deal and no fee was mentioned. This is because at the time they suggested the wells deal was a permanent deal before about 10 minutes later clarifying it was only a loan deal. That’s why there was a bit of confusion originally by myself and a few others.

Archived