Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree. Burnley will know we're keen to sell and it solves a problem for them. On balance, even if he never plays for us, it helps our long-term finances. 

I never felt the Huddersfield fans were convinced by Wells and his level seemed low-end Championship, but perhaps he'll end up competing with Marriott and Bennett for that role, and might even rip it up. 

Make or break season for him. How much will it cost us for loan fee and Wages, Carl? 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BodminRam said:

NOT coming... Just read Vydra has joined Burnley for 3 year deal .. No other player involved

Well, not as part of the Vydra deal anyway.

I for one hope he comes - just to wind up some of the hysterical sons of a silly person who have been posting in this thread over the last couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I wouldn't write this off just yet. I doubt Sky would just pull the rumour from nowhere .... they've obviously heard something. And there's still 3 weeks + for him to join on loan yet

Fairly sure SKY would - they hide behind 'SKY sources' and they need content for their Transfer News programmes

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Fairly sure SKY would - they hide behind 'SKY sources' and they need content for their Transfer News programmes

Maybe for huge transfers news in the Prem, but I can't see them just inventing that we were in talks with Wells. They will know we're signing Waghorn, so it's not like they're even putting 2 and 2 together and assuming we'll get Wells as his replacement

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Karin Benzema said this as much after one sky sports journalist in Italy said that he was joining Ac Milan but he responded by calling him a liar and fraud. 

22 minutes ago, Grantona said:

You'll get what your given!!!!?

We haven't been given Wells! according to the Burnley website Vydra has signed for them without a trade. According to my sources Wells has gone to gresley rovers for a bag of Derby shirts with the Avon emblem on them!

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

We haven't been given Wells! according to the Burnley website Vydra has signed for them without a trade. According to my sources Wells has gone to gresley rovers for a bag of Derby shirts with the Avon emblem on them!

Rubbish, with our squad size, we don’t have spare shirts 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Well, he isn't playing for bloody Huddersfield because Burnley bought him from them for £5million - a fee that reflected the fact that he was in the final year of his contract. Perhaps he couldn't cut it in the Premier League, but clearly he could do the business in the Championship - and seeing as this would be a one year loan, it strikes me as an absolute no-brainer (a concept that you are clearly familiar with, given your statements on the matter).

?

It might strike you as a no brainer as you have no brains but Mr Vydra is going to Burnley for £11 million plus add ons but Mr Wells is remaining on the bench at Burnley one further place down the pecking order!

Archived