Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Nahki Wells is a strange one. I don't see where or how this all fits together.

I feel like a good sleep that sees me wake up at 6pm on Thursday would be very much worthwhile. 

Just wait until 6.00 pm today 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To a degree I get why Lampard has gone for so many strikers, he knew he was gonna lose Vydra/not be part of his plans and to lose 20plus goals out of a team is a big loss. Just look how we struggled to create chances when he wasn't around. I guess Frank is thinking, rather than buy one player to replace Vyds - he's looking to share the load/pressure with all the attacking signings, and i get that.

Although with Wells, i'd rather keep Jerome tbh. We have Marriot and Waghorn (almost) as short pacy forwards. I just feel that if we are struggling in a game and want to get the ball wide and into the box, then Jerome would be better suited to that than Wells.

Ahh well, i thought it was gonna be a quiet summer for us, guess not...

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

This is great ! I’m loving it. I don’t know wether is good, bad, right or wrong, but it’s bloody entertaining. Every time I look at the forum we’re linked with another body. Just need a German defender to come up now and I’ll have a full house in transfer window bingo ?

I would say some pretty shrewd negotiating has been going on since Frank became full time! Sink or swim, it is entertaining!?

50 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

I want 11m, I don't Want wells, we don't need wells, or waghorn for that matter. Our squad is at breaking point, out must be our priority!

I want, I want. Stamp your little feet.

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Burnley paying some of Wells' wages?Unlikely. 

But we're tiny little championship Derby and they're MIGHTY PREMIER LEAGUE, EUROPEAN FOOTBALL PLAYING BURNLEY - surely it's only right that they pay all his wages?....

37 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

i would have taken this transfer a couple of years ago when he was early 20's. now hes 28. 

That is the problem of living in Burnley. In a couple more years he will be 35 and l suspect dead and buried by 2022 (aged 41).

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Tbf sky sports are to blame here as they’re the ones who hinted about 25 minutes ago that it’s a straight swap deal with no suggestion of a fee being involved, before later changing their story.

You interpreted "Sky Sources: Burnley in talks to sign Matej Vydra from Derby in swap deal for Nahki Wells" as a STRAIGHT SWAP then?

Come on McLovin, you're no fool.

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nahki Wells is a strange one. I don't see where or how this all fits together.

I feel like a good sleep that sees me wake up at 6pm on Thursday would be very much worthwhile. 

You'd be better of going for 11pm on August 31st instead.

Archived