Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Their original tweet was deleted , which stated that the deal had been agreed(not in talks like now) and on the sky sports programme itself, they suggested a straight swap deal and no fee was mentioned. This is because at the time they suggested the wells deal was a permanent deal before about 10 minutes later clarifying it was only a loan deal. That’s why there was a bit of confusion originally by myself and a few others.

I would have thought there was a very large differential between wells value and that of Vydra... How much did burnnley pay for wells and he hasn't increased his value since has he?

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I would have thought there was a very large differential between wells value and that of Vydra... How much did burnnley pay for wells and he hasn't increased his value since has he?

Think paid 3.5 mill rising to £5 mill, certainly not increased in value,think he was injured last season and now. 4 th choice striker for burnley.Personally don't think  worth more than a £2.5 mill punt and his wages could be high.Hasn't got a particularly good goal strike rate iether. Can't see the attraction for us .Just take the money.Were capable of buying our own crap with out having it loaned to us.?

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Went to Burnley for 5 million. Has not had a look in there but was pretty prolific at Bradford and Huddersfield...I think he would be a useful addition....

I'm being funny here but how many more strikers do we need?

We surely already have a striker for any circumstance?

Nugent for your running about stuff,vydra for your rowett ball style,jerome for roughing people up a bit and Martin for your holdy up 433.....there's that new lad marriot too,not that I know how he plays yet

A few more nifty midfielders and some defenders with a bit of movement about them.may seem more pressing. 

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Let's see what happens before we get the razor blades out. There is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about (without doubt) .......who knew about the Burnley interest a day or so back ? ........Calm down ...go with the flow or go back to playing football manager ??

Yes I’m sure there’s streams of clubs about to sign Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Thorne, Forsyth, Mitchell, Anya, Jerome and Nugent tomorrow and everything is going to be fine 

I’ve been comfortable with all the signings and outgoings so far this season as I understand what he’s trying to do.

The impending signing of Wells I just don’t get at all, especially if we’re signing Waghorn as well. In wells we’re signing another Darren Bent, that’s not what we need. 

What about a box to box midfielder? 

Dont get it

The price of getting the Vydra fee and losing his wages off the books seems to be a loan for Wells. Burnley presumably have no plans to play Wells, and Vydra is a serious upgrade on him.

Financially over the long term it probably makes for us. But it doesn't make sense for Wells to come to Derby where he's probably even further away from the starting 11. He should push for a loan at a different Championship club that doesn't also have a bunch of strikers such as Waghorn, Marriott, Martin, Bennett and Jerome. 

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He made 10 appearances at Burnley but his record prior to that is very good...

But not in the Championship and not at Burnley! Why should we be palmed off with the likes of him when we should be allowed to choose the players we need and want?

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve been comfortable with all the signings and outgoings so far this season as I understand what he’s trying to do.

The impending signing of Wells I just don’t get at all, especially if we’re signing Waghorn as well. In wells we’re signing another Darren Bent, that’s not what we need. 

What about a box to box midfielder? 

Dont get it

What if Burnley have said they will buy Vydra on condition we take unsettled Wells of their hands for 1 year? We have planned too much on selling Vydra, to refuse. Plus, there's always the chance that Wells could come good. 

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

What if Burnley have said they will buy Vydra on condition we take unsettled Wells of their hands for 1 year? We have planned too much on selling Vydra, to refuse. Plus, there's always the chance that Wells could come good. 

I honestly think that is the only logical explanation 

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

But not in the Championship and not at Burnley! Why should we be palmed off with the likes of him when we should be allowed to choose the players we need and want?

Leading scorer for Huddersfield when they were promoted, wasn't he?

From my point of view, he is a player I've always thought could 'do a job' here, but I know nothing.

Just now, eddie said:

Leading scorer for Huddersfield when they were promoted, wasn't he?

From my point of view, he is a player I've always thought could 'do a job' here, but I know nothing.

Promoted from where? The lower leagues. I don't wish to be dictated to by crap clubs like Burnley as to who we should sign. if Frank really wanted him he would have been signed.

11 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Promoted from where? The lower leagues. I don't wish to be dictated to by crap clubs like Burnley as to who we should sign. if Frank really wanted him he would have been signed.

Second-highest goalscorer in Huddersfield's championship promotion season too from far fewer starts than Kachunga, and only bagged two fewer.

The last time I looked, 'the lower leagues' includes the championship - you know, that league we are playing in. As for 'crap like Burnley', they are playing in Europe this season, so what does that make us?

Archived