Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

9 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Yeah I don't get it either. Have I missed something? Has Nahki Wells been sublime in pre-season and scored 2 double-hat tricks in every game, and saved a penalty with his charisma alone...? Don't see why we'd want him...

You could argue the same about Vydra when we signed him.....

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, eddie said:

Well, he isn't playing for bloody Huddersfield because Burnley bought him from them for £5million - a fee that reflected the fact that he was in the final year of his contract. Perhaps he couldn't cut it in the Premier League, but clearly he could do the business in the Championship - and seeing as this would be a one year loan, it strikes me as an absolute no-brainer (a concept that you are clearly familiar with, given your statements on the matter).

?

Add me to the Winnie the pooh list .. Bears of little brain. A loan deal is not a no brainer IMo. Wells is a premier league player getting top wages, but he's been a flop in the Prem . He was a consistent but not prolific scorer in the championship, . Don't see him being a regular starter for the Rams especially if we sign  waghorn. 

So if theres a loan fee involved and/ or we have to stump up a big slice of his premier league wages then it's a no from me as we can't afford to pay that sort of money for someone who would be behind wag horn, Marriott and maybe others too. 

Saying he he could do the business in the championship is all very well, but so could nugent jerome and martin all who have been more prolific than wells, and if they are all considered to be past it so could Marriott and wag horn. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Add me to the Winnie the pooh list .. Bears of little brain. A loan deal is not a no brainer IMo. Wells is a premier league player getting top wages, but he's been a flop in the Prem . He was a consistent but not prolific scorer in the championship, . Don't see him being a regular starter for the Rams especially if we sign  waghorn. 

So if theres a loan fee involved and/ or we have to stump up a big slice of his premier league wages then it's a no from me as we can't afford to pay that sort of money for someone who would be behind wag horn, Marriott and maybe others too. 

Relax.

We probably offered to take him to sweeten the transfer out, and are currently busy changing the phone numbers for when Bumley ring back in the morning to confirm.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You could argue the same about Vydra when we signed him.....

Yeah but no but.... he has a strike rate of a goal every 3.6 games over the last 3 seasons whereas Vyds had a rate of 1-in-3 which included 32 games in a struggling Reading side. I can only imagine that he has zero chance of playing this season for Burnley, so they're paying his wages to get him game time. If he gets game time, that is... a free player then? I guess that makes better sense to me. I think I've worked it out! As you were... ? 

1 minute ago, Ramitupper said:

Yeah but no but.... he has a strike rate of a goal every 3.6 games over the last 3 seasons whereas Vyds had a rate of 1-in-3 which included 32 games in a struggling Reading side. I can only imagine that he has zero chance of playing this season for Burnley, so they're paying his wages to get him game time. If he gets game time, that is... a free player then? I guess that makes better sense to me. I think I've worked it out! As you were... ? 

Who gives a duck about past stats. Look at the Blackman signing, that went the other way just like this could go the right way.

17 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Who gives a duck about past stats. Look at the Blackman signing, that went the other way just like this could go the right way.

Well past stats is pretty much all there is to go on - he's only played 9 games in 15 months, certainly won't be match fit on that basis. Anyway he won't be costing us anything so meh, why not? Unless, like me, you might think having 300 strikers in the squad is maybe not a particularly good thing.

For me if he arrives, he'd be behind Waghorn (if it happens), Bennett, Josefzoon, Wilson, Lawrence, Marriott, Thomas, Nugent and Jerome.

Pointless. 

I should add I'm not against Wells as a player, more that we seem to be overloaded with options in that area, most of whom are contracted players rather than loans. And that's even if CJ and DN depart. And he doesn't strike me as being better than them to the extent of walking into the team.

7 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

For me if he arrives, he'd be behind Waghorn (if it happens), Bennett, Josefzoon, Wilson, Lawrence, Marriott, Thomas, Nugent and Jerome.

Pointless. 

Is he any good at playing the behind our 9 strikers role ? 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Is he any good at playing the behind our 9 strikers role ? 

Maybe, but are we not playing a 4 3 3 so no number 10 per se? Which was the argument for getting rid of Vydra? Lawrence would surely get first shout at that position, but he could be back up I guess.

He’s a CF no idea why people are saying he’d be behind Wilson, Lawrence, Flo, Bennett, Thomas as they’re all wide players.

if Jerome goes, that would leave just An unproven Marriott, a aging Nugent and Waghorn. The latter is flexible across the front three and would allow Thomas to go out on loan for games if needs be

Archived