Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will seem indulgent and crazy while Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Blackman and Jerome are all still here.

But when the dust settles and most if not all of those players have left, this could be Frank’s second best deal of the summer behind Mount.

Wells was brilliant for Bradford and Huddersfield. He is proven at this level and will score goals for us if given the opportunity.

A low-risk loan deal to cover our behinds if the big money signings Marriott and Waghorn don’t have the desired impact.

Smart move.

I don't get why we would have to take Wells, for Burnley to buy Vydra. I can't see a role For Wells in our side, such a weird transfer this one. We must be desperate to get some money in, to balance the books ,and keep ffp off our backs. 

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The price of getting the Vydra fee and losing his wages off the books seems to be a loan for Wells. Burnley presumably have no plans to play Wells, and Vydra is a serious upgrade on him.

Financially over the long term it probably makes for us. But it doesn't make sense for Wells to come to Derby where he's probably even further away from the starting 11. He should push for a loan at a different Championship club that doesn't also have a bunch of strikers such as Waghorn, Marriott, Martin, Bennett and Jerome. 

Sounds a bit 'take it or leave it' from Dyche to me. 

33 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

But not in the Championship and not at Burnley! Why should we be palmed off with the likes of him when we should be allowed to choose the players we need and want?

He was in the Championship whilst at Huddersfield wasn't he?

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This will seem indulgent and crazy while Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Blackman and Jerome are all still here.

But when the dust settles and most if not all of those players have left, this could be Frank’s second best deal of the summer behind Mount.

Wells was brilliant for Bradford and Huddersfield. He is proven at this level and will score goals for us if given the opportunity.

A low-risk loan deal to cover our behinds if the big money signings Marriott and Waghorn don’t have the desired impact.

Smart move.

What he said...

8 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

If he is that good why isn't he playing for huddersfield or Burnley and why didn;t Frank want him originally? Wells no. Cash yes. Maddison yes/

Well, he isn't playing for bloody Huddersfield because Burnley bought him from them for £5million - a fee that reflected the fact that he was in the final year of his contract. Perhaps he couldn't cut it in the Premier League, but clearly he could do the business in the Championship - and seeing as this would be a one year loan, it strikes me as an absolute no-brainer (a concept that you are clearly familiar with, given your statements on the matter).

?

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Most people on here were desperate for us to go for him a Summer or two back, when he was in vogue.

There's nowt as queer as folk.

Careful @Carnero,you’ll be getting a visit from the thought police soon for a “ hate crime!”.Mind you,when I read some of the posts regarding Keogh!?

If we get £11 MIllion for Vydra then OK. If we get Wells and get him back to his  best with an option to buy we may have a very good player. How much will Wells deal cost us? £2.5 million and part or whole of his wages? In essence £4 million for season? We would expect a lot for that. As every trader knows, there is no problem with losing on the odd deal if overall you make a profit. 

1 hour ago, r_wilcockson said:

You can't win the championship, fa cup, league cup and checkatrade trophy without a big squad guys. Relax, Mel and Frank know what they're doing ?

Now and again I see a post like this that restores my faith in the theory that there are some sensible people out there who don’t just post as a knee jerk reaction to a bit of news THEY don’t agree with!???

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If we get £11 MIllion for Vydra then OK. If we get Wells and get him back to his  best with an option to buy we may have a very good player. How much will Wells deal cost us? £2.5 million and part or whole of his wages? In essence £4 million for season? We would expect a lot for that. As every trader knows, there is no problem with losing on the odd deal if overall you make a profit. 

Highly doubt we would be paying £4 mil to have Wells on loan for the season. 

Just my opinion of course 

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Smart move.

I’m with you with all that....... providing those others move out as you say, or our 23’s will be swamped with that many seniors looking for a game.

The logic of Wells AND Waghorn must boil down to others going out, for signing Wells however good he was at Huddersfield just feels extravagant otherwise.

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Promoted from where? The lower leagues. I don't wish to be dictated to by crap clubs like Burnley as to who we should sign. if Frank really wanted him he would have been signed.

You'll get what your given!!!!?

46 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sounds a bit 'take it or leave it' from Dyche to me. 

Agree. Burnley will know we're keen to sell and it solves a problem for them. On balance, even if he never plays for us, it helps our long-term finances. 

I never felt the Huddersfield fans were convinced by Wells and his level seemed low-end Championship, but perhaps he'll end up competing with Marriott and Bennett for that role, and might even rip it up. 

Archived