v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

Serious question - 

Did we play classic 433 yesterday? 

I think that we did not and will not. 

This only reminds me of extremely fluid interplay which on first glance is 433 but is too clever for that to be marked as such. In reality we have the beginnings of total football a la Lampard. Goals from all over the pitch. 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Serious question - 

This only reminds me of extremely fluid interplay which on first glance is 433 but is too clever for that to be marked as such. In reality we have the beginnings of total football a la Lampard. Goals from all over the pitch. 

Yes we played 433 with a fluid front 5 if you include the 2 most advanced centre mids. 

Out of possession we were definitely 433 

47 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Need to factor in that we had done a full training session before the Mansfield match, which you would never do in the season. If they looked tired and lacking physicality, it was because they’d been put through a full-pace training session early into pre-season and then had to go out against a physically League 2 side who probably hadn’t done the same. That’s not representative of what we’d actually see if we were playing them competitively (not to mention the fact we wouldn’t change the entire XI at half time!)

Hope that's the case ,there were some raite bruisers in that Mansfield team.

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yes we played 433 with a fluid front 5 if you include the 2 most advanced centre mids. 

Out of possession we were definitely 433 

At times we have a fluid 7 that scares me. You are wondering who might be running into space to distract others and where the ball is going next. Spaces left by attacking midfielders are also being plugged. To get 78% possession against Wolves for first 15 minutes was pretty awe inspiring. Teams that attack us from the kiick off will soon find themselves a goal down. 

Talk about players being hungry to win, when you look at how hungry Frank and co are on the bench it is no surprise how much the players have been motivated. It has got success written all over it. 

Frank knew how to win games, now he has got players that want to win games. 

The scouting system seems to be working at last. 

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

The thing that worries me about the Mansfield game is I don't reckon Derby fancied the physicality of it.

I'm not sure you should make such an opinion from that Mansfield game, at no point during that did we have our full first team out, and it's difficult to play 1 touch attacking football when you have players that are unsuited to it on the pitch. Whereas Wolves and Southampton were how our first team will actually look.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Serious question - 

For those old enough to remember the Dutch team of the late 70's, we were playing total football!

Okay, well not quite, but there more interchanging than I have seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

For those old enough to remember the Dutch team of the late 70's, we were playing total football!

Okay, well not quite, but there more interchanging than I have seen in a long time.

I didn't see Cruyff, Neeskins or Krol - but there is room for development

We played ok in the first half v Mansfield. 

Hanson was poor at RB, Ledley played further forward but wasn't really suited, Jerome was terrible and Huddlestone was clumsy whenever trying anything beyond an easy diagonal. 

But we still were dominant and created several half chances. 

It was the 2nd half that was poor. They had big gaps in the formation and it slipped back into the Rowett sort of distances between defence players and attackers. 

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The last two Saturday's have seen victories against two premiership outfits, combined posts of over 70 pages comprising of massed euphoria, optimism, happy smiley faces and not a scapegoat in sight.

...........the worlds gone mad!!?

FFS it's all b****y keoghs fault!  ?

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

Need to factor in that we had done a full training session before the Mansfield match, which you would never do in the season. If they looked tired and lacking physicality, it was because they’d been put through a full-pace training session early into pre-season and then had to go out against a physically League 2 side who probably hadn’t done the same. That’s not representative of what we’d actually see if we were playing them competitively (not to mention the fact we wouldn’t change the entire XI at half time!)

And I’d add that Mansfield might be in trouble after their friendly game with Wednesday. Sounded like a fight broke out and it was all rather more physical the the rules allow. The pitch on the highlights looked slightly worse than my back garden (not exactly conducive to stylish precise football )

Any idea how many were at the game yesterday, B4 do you know? From where I sat looked like a reasonable turn out from Wolves.

Big shout out to Bryson, loads of energy and thought Ledley was very neat and tidy. No sign of Butterfield or Blackman, sorting out moves away perhaps?

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

Serious question - 

Exactly what I thought. Against Soton we were 433 and 352 and all points west with a slight leftwards bias when flo jo came on 

it’s was more fluid .. along the lines of : a few at the back, a few more in the middle on the front foot  (sort of) and the rest at the front.  

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

3 hours ago, irobinson said:

I didn't see Cruyff, Neeskins or Krol - but there is room for development

Oddly enough, there was an all too brief program about Cruyff in his heyday on TV a couple of nights ago. Rather grainy but the skill of not just Cruff, but the whole Dutch team was breathtaking. Total football indeed.

P.S. That turn of Lowe, fabulous.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'm not sure you should make such an opinion from that Mansfield game, at no point during that did we have our full first team out, and it's difficult to play 1 touch attacking football when you have players that are unsuited to it on the pitch. Whereas Wolves and Southampton were how our first team will actually look.

If you read my post properly you will see I said time will tell if that's the case . We have footballers now not cloggers but unfortunately there are still a few around in the Championship .I just hope they can look after themselves we look a bit light weight that's all.

Archived